cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) Desktop: Persistent Buffering (06/01/22)

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (06/08/22): We believe this issue may now be resolved.

Could you try again, and let me know if you're having trouble with the buffering? 

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Pandora Update (06/07/22):  Hi everyone! 👋

Thanks for reporting your experience and browser information. We have an internal ticket opened with our engineering team. They are aware of this issue and currently working on it. 

While I understand how frustrating this can be, rest assured all of your reports have been shared with them. We appreciate your patience and each of you taking the time to report. Once I have an update, I will be sure to post on this thread. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
Labels (5)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

dcwjrcfsp
Underground

Hi Alyssa.  Everything is working fine today!  Thank you for your efforts. 🙂

View solution in original post

55 Replies

brazstar
Local Performer

hi, what if we are playing from website? what is the solution? not everyone has the app on the computer

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @brazstar. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. Sorry to hear that you're having buffering issues during your listening sessions.

Web Browser Troubleshooting:

You could also try out the basic troubleshooting for your specific browser (any steps you haven't already).

++

Network Troubleshooting:

If there is no change, lets' try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

I hope this helps. Feel free to let me know how it goes. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

MusicFan81
Underground

Please fix this! I'm on a Windows computer. I was listening yesterday via Firefox. It stopped towards the end of the day with a "BUFFERING..." message and will not start up again. I followed all the steps of the troubleshooting auto bot (reboot, clear cache & cookies, no ad blockers, etc.). I have tried Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Microsoft Edge. NONE are working and ALL say "BUFFERING..." I made NO CHANGES to my computer yesterday. It just started buffering and will no longer play.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @MusicFan81. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're also running into this buffering issue.

It looks like you've already been in touch with a member of our User Support team via email. If you haven't received their response yet, please check your spam / junk folder to make sure it didn't end up there. 📬

0 Kudos

MusicFan81
Underground

Yes, the Pandora tech reached out to me, but no, the problem has not been resolved. They suggested steps to eliminate a proxy server, which I did. No change. Pandora is still unresponsive. I sent an email to my company's IT department but they have no solutions.

0 Kudos

WickedBastid
Underground

@MusicFan81 If your issue is not related to the Desktop app, this is not the right post to be replying to - you should have created a new post. This post is specific to the desktop app, and my problem is not the same as yours.

0 Kudos

MusicFan81
Underground

We're talking about the same thing. Desktop running Windows, Pandora player. I use the Firefox browser normally, and that's what was playing yesterday before it stopped and did the "BUFFERING..." message. Using Pandora's tech bot I stepped through the suggestions and tried multiple browsers with no success. All give the BUFFERING... message. My IT department says Google did some sort of update that is causing communication issues, so I'm wondering if Pandora is no longer in sync. However, even if that was the case, I'm not sure how that would affect Firefox, Edge or Opera!

0 Kudos

dcwjrcfsp
Underground

I've been getting the same message now for over 24 hours!  I've re-booted; re-started modem and router...

This is very frustrating.  I am a Premium user.

David Williams

0 Kudos

bhames60
Underground

When I bring up Pandora, it shows "buffering" in the lower right hand corner. 

I am running Windows 10 with the latest updates. I have tried two different browsers (Chrome & Firefox), and cleared the cache with no difference.

I am hard-wired to my router as I work from home, and like to listen to music while I work.

It started about 3 days ago, and every time I bring it up, I get the same message.

0 Kudos

joelang51
Local Performer

I'm trying to listen to Pandora on my Hp computer with windows 11 and it only buffers with no sound

0 Kudos

MESmith1
Local Performer

Same for me.  It's worked with my current set up for years, and now no stations play when I'm logged into my account for the last week.  Music WILL play without logging in.  It just says BUFFERING... when I'm logged in.

I'm on a PC using Brave Browser.

All Blockers are removed.

Internet speed is excellent.

I have cleared cache "for all time" and rebooted numerous times.

Screen shot attached.Screenshot 2022-06-04 164106.png

0 Kudos

Jel398
Underground

I'm having the same buffering issue, since yesterday (June 3, 2022) -- using a PC (Windows 10) -- normally listen on Chrome but also tried Edge, and still get the constant "buffering" notice. Pandora works on my iPhone, which is connected to WiFi in my home (i.e., the iPhone and the computer are using the same IP address), but Pandora is no longer working on the PC. Steps tried so far include:

- Restarting the computer. 

- Rebooting the modem (first shut down computer, then shut down modem for 1 minute, waited until it restarted, then turned on my computer).

- Updating Windows 10 (after doing so, a song began playing but as soon as it was done, nothing else played and the "buffering" message returned)

- Logging out and resetting my password. 

Any other ideas? This is very frustrating since (like others in this thread) I'm paying for the service. Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bhames60 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Desktop: Pausing to Buffer on App + Web

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more.

You could also try out the basic troubleshooting for your specific browser (any steps you haven't already).

++

Network Troubleshooting:

If there is no change, lets' try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MESmith1 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Desktop: Pausing to Buffer on App + Web

Unfortunately, Brave is not a supported browser. Most modern computers will play Pandora without any modification, but at minimum, your set-up will need to meet the below minimum specifications:

Browsers:

• Safari 11
  • Latest Version of Chrome*
  • Latest Version of Firefox*
  • Microsoft Edge*

*Auto-updating must be enabled

Hardware:

• Mac laptop: Intel Core Duo 1.5 GHz or faster CPU, 1+ GB of RAM, 128+ MB of VRAM
  • PC laptop: Intel Atom 1.6 GHz or faster CPU, 1+ GB of RAM, 128+ MB of VRAM
  • Mac desktop: PowerPC G5 1.8 GHz or faster CPU, 1+ GB of RAM, 128+ MB of VRAM
  • PC desktop: Intel Pentium 4 2.33 Ghz or faster CPU, 1+ GB of RAM, 128+ MB of VRAM, or AMD Athlon 64 2800 or faster CPU, 1+ GB of RAM, 128+ MB of VRAM

You'll also need consistent bandwidth of at least 150 kbps. If you upgrade to Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium and want to use high quality audio, we recommend at least 300 kbps.

In the meantime, I would recommend using one of the support browsers or try using the Pandora Desktop App. You can find out more about the Desktop App here.

Let me know if you continue to run into issues with thisl

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@joelang51 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Desktop: Pausing to Buffer on App + Web

I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jel398 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Desktop: Pausing to Buffer on App + Web

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more:

If this does not resolve the issue, please follow up with a screenshot of the buffering message you are seeing.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Jel398
Underground

Hello @AdamPandora,

Thanks for reaching out. I went through the checklists for both Chrome and Edge, without success. For Chrome, after going through the steps and then restarting the computer, the first song that came up in Pandora played, and then it stopped. In Edge, after going through the steps and then restarting the computer, nothing played. 

One small thing is different now. In the lower right corner, instead of saying "buffering," it now shows the length of the music. But where the cover art should appear, there's just a spinning record. I've tried pressing the "play" button and nothing happens. Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing in Chrome (which is the primary browser that I use:

Jel398_0-1654447511828.png

Thanks in advance for helping to get this going again.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @dcwjrcfsp. 👋

Sorry to hear that you've encountered this error message.

Please try running through the troubleshooting steps for your specific browser to see if it helps. 

You can also try using a different browser to determine whether the issue is browser-related. Let me know how it goes with your specific browser and whether you continue to have trouble. 

++

If you're using the Pandora Desktop App, please try out the steps below.

Pandora Desktop App Troubleshooting:

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reporting this, @Jel398. We have an internal ticket open for this issue and I've shared this information with our engineering team. We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos