cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) Web: Loading + Buffering Issues (05/06/22)

lsndinfes3
Local Performer

Windows 10 Home

Chrome (already updated to latest version while troubleshooting this issue).

I have had a paid account for years.

Since Thursday the 5th of May about noon.

When I log in and attempt to play something it just says "BUFFERING....", it never plays.

I can click on other songs/stations and it will just load it (everything loads) but then it just sits "BUFFERING...".

Tried on my Iphone 12, it works and plays.  It plays even when I am signed into my account.

Tried on the same computer using another browser (Windows Edge).  Before I signed in with my Pandora account it plays just fine.  The second I sign into my Pandora account it won't play anything.  "BUFFERING...."

I then deleted all cookies on Windows edge and did not sign into my Pandora account, and it plays.

I then sign into my Pandora account on windows edge and only  "BUFFERING....".

I then rebooted my PC.

I then deleted all cookies on Chrome and did not sign into my Pandora account but loaded a station, and it plays.

I then sign into my Pandora account on Chrome and only  "BUFFERING....".

I then installed a new browser that has never been on my PC before, FireFox, and went to Pandora, I did not sign into my Pandora account, it plays just fine when loading a station.

I then logged into my Pandora account on FireFox and only  "BUFFERING...."

I then tried another PC in my home, using Chrome and Windows Edge, and completed ALL of the steps above using both Chrome and Windows Edge and the exact same thing happens.  Pandora will not play if I am signed in.

This is not my PC (multiple PC doing the same thing).  This is not my browser (multiple browsers doing the same thing across multiple PCs). This is a problem on your end with my account.  Please fix my account now.  

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (5)
27 Replies

Dan1557
Local Performer

Having the same issue as well, started Friday too. Pandora did something and they should have all hands on deck for this one...losing customers by the hour it seems

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @lsndinfes3 @rwholly @Dan1557 @wendellchap @NickWhite @spinkrojo. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting your experience with this issue. An internal ticket has been opened with our engineering team to investigate. They are aware of this issue and they're working on it. 

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Renepickler I moved your post over to this existing thread: Web: Loading and buffering issues (05/06/22)

Our engineering team is aware of this issue and are currently looking into it.

Your feedback has now been added to the ticket we have open with them.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (05/09/22):

Our engineering team is aware of an issue causing buffering or loading issues when streaming Pandora on web.

Please keep an eye on this thread as we will post an update when we believe this is resolved.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 

NickWhite
Underground

The issue appears to be fixed and able to play music again. Thanks

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

So glad to hear it, @NickWhite.

Thank you for the update and enjoy the tunes! 🎶

0 Kudos

pattyo2148
Underground

Adam,

Am working on Dell Insperon 14z. Windows 10, Google Chrome. Spectrum High Speed. Pandora is working(?) today with no adjustments. Some extended buffering between songs. As info, when I listen at daughters in Spring Branch , TX on GVTC, Pandora plays 24/7, no issues. The same at my sisters in Comfort, TX. I don't know the provider, but it is Fast as well as is GVTC. Here in Converse at home, this is not the case. Sometimes Pandora will play for some hours, then as it knows I am away and gets hurt feelings and shuts off. Sometimes when I am working on the computer it will shut down after 15 or 20 minutes. I go to site and the "Play" arrow is active. I click it to no avail, but no error message. I refresh and and it plays, sometimes for minutes, sometimes for hours. At the other locations, this seldom happens. Currently, 10:48 am, Pandora is working Perfectly, no buffering between songs, Gregorian Chants, Beautiful! The Music, Too!

Thanks, Patty

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the update, @pattyo2148. If you notice any major issues, please let us know. We believe this issue has now been resolved.

Hopefully you're back to listening to your favorites today! 🎶

++

Since this issue has now been resolved, this thread has been closed. If you encounter any buffering with Pandora on your web browser, please create a new thread with details about your experience. 

Thank you so much! 

0 Kudos