cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replay and thumbs up not working

Proxyhuman
Local Performer

For the past few days or so neither have been working properly on my PC (ONLY.... My Phone a still works fine.)

Replay attempts on any previous songs just replay the song currently being played.

Any attempt to thumbs up any past song to add to the current station does not work at all.

Just me?

0 Kudos
6 Replies

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Happy holidays 🎅 and thanks for reporting this @Proxyhuman!

Since you're listening on a computer, are you listening from:

• A Mac or Windows computer?
  • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?

After reading your post, I tried replaying and thumbing up on my Chrome browser and experienced the same issue as you. However, after completing the Chrome Troubleshooting Steps I was able to get things back to normal.

Let me know which browser you're using so I can send the appropriate troubleshooting steps, or if you're using chrome please click the link above.

Looking forward to your response! 🎧

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

MusicFan170
Underground

Trying to replay songs on Pandora (through Google Chrome, Win 10 desktop) does not seem to be working properly.  When trying to replay a prior song (could be 1 song ago or many songs ago), Pandora will just restart the current song. 

Tried:

1) Log out, log in.

2) Close browser and retry.

3) Clear cache and cookies.

4) Alternate browser (Firefox).

Note: both browsers up to date.  Does not do this on my mobile (Android) app.  

Hopefully someone has encountered this before and found a resolution 🙂

0 Kudos

MusicFan170
Underground

Well, that's an interesting username.  I have no idea how to change it- sorry 😂

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hey there @MusicFan170 

I moved your original post to an existing thread under Replay and thumbs up not working since this might be related to your issue.

Sorry for any confusion, the replay button will only replay the song that is currently playing, not the previous songs played.

If you would like to replay any previous songs during your current listening session (that is not currently playing), from the Now Playing screen, hover over the album art and click View Session History. Then click the left or right arrow to scroll through the recently played tracks.

From the album art you can thumb up, thumb down, or replay songs. (check images below)

Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 10.26.23 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-12-22 at 10.26.38 AM.png

However, if you're already aware of this and the replay button is not playing the previous songs, would you mind trying shutting down and restarting your computer?

In addition, I suggest trying our Chrome Troubleshooting & Firefox Troubleshooting steps once more after restarting your computer to see if that helps.

+++

Changing Username

To change your username please visit this thread here to see how!

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes!

0 Kudos

Paradachsund
Local Performer

This issue showed up in the last month or so I think. If I hit replay song on a song in my now playing list, it instead replays the most recent song, not the one I clicked. For example, the currently playing song is Song #7. I hit replay on Song #2. Pandora replays Song #7 instead.

This is on a Windows 10 PC using Firefox 108.0.1 (64-bit). This feature used to work for me, so this is a recent bug.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @Paradachsund 👋

Thanks for reporting this issue and sorry for any inconvenience.

I moved your original post to an existing thread under Replay and thumbs up not working since this might be related to your issue.

I've enabled a trace on your account so that we can take a closer look at what's going on.

Firefox Troubleshooting

A lot of times quitting your browser completely, re-opening it and going back to pandora.com can help.

To check if this is a browser-related issue, you could try to open Pandora in a separate browser, such as Google Chrome, which you can download here.

If you prefer not to use a different web browser, please complete our Firefox Troubleshooting steps to see if this helps, and also it will help our trace to be more helpful.

Let us know how it goes and hope this helps!

0 Kudos