cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Station artist missing from station

charlzm
Opening Act

I started a station from the artist Final Gravity.  They not only have never shown up on any mode, but they also do not play when I choose the "artist only" option.

What's up?
 Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 3.04.38 PM.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @charlzm. 👋

I've taken a look at your station, and I do see that you have added other artists as variety.

Please note: You may hear songs from other artists if you have added variety to a station. If you'd like to hear only that artist when using that mode, I would recommend removing the added variety. 

You can find out more about how modes work in this article.

Hope this info is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

charlzm
Opening Act

This runs contrary the text Pandora puts up on the screen.  Perhaps someone at Pandora should change the text of this popup box so that it is no longer incorrect.

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 11.30.46 AM.png
Also, still waiting on an answer to why the artist Final Gravity NEVER appears on any mode made from their seed?

For instance, I just selected "artist only" for Final Gravity radio (listening right now) and Pandora is only playing songs from Blue Oyster Cult: four in a row so far.  Now it has switched to Dio.

Seems this isn't "artist only" - this is basically "deep cuts" all over again.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@charlzm I understand where you're coming from. 

Artist Only mode isn’t available for all stations. This mode plays only songs by the artist you used to seed your station, unless you've added variety to your station, in which case it will play tracks from those artists as well. With your station, it appears that you've added over 20 additional artists to that station.

Looks like there is only one project with 8 songs available for Final Gravity on Pandora. Unfortunately, Artist Mode isn’t available for this particular station as indicated in my screenshot below. If you add additional artists as variety to a station that doesn’t offer Artist Mode, it will become available for the other artists.

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 2.38.12 PM.png

After adding two additional artist seeds to the station I created, Newly Released and Artist Mode both became available to me as well.

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 2.53.45 PM.png

In the meantime, I can definitely share your feedback about the messaging when using Artist Mode.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

charlzm
Opening Act

So why doesn't Final Gravity ever get played in any station made from their seed, regardless of mode?

UPDATE - they finally showed up!  One song.  So, that's progress.

0 Kudos