cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Station selected songs randomly pausing temporarily at 9 seconds

SSDDR
Local Performer

For the last week or so, i've been having this odd issue. Just at random in any of my stations, exactly 9 seconds into a new song, it will pause playback for like 5-10 seconds. Its terribly disruptive to my listening, and I dont know what's happening. i do have ublock origin installed, but its turned off on the pandora site. I'm a premium subscriber, so ads shouldn't be an issue anyway.

Happens on both Chrome 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) (64-bit) and Firefox 84.0.1 (64-bit). Cleared cache and it still persists

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @SSDDR. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting this. 

We did have reports of a similar issue recently, but we do think that has been resolved: Music Stops 10 Seconds Before the Song is Done

To ensure that Pandora is allowlisted for your browser(s), feel free to use this steps here.

Additionally, some anti-virus software like Kaspersky can have anti-banner settings enabled that behave similarly to ad blockers. If you're using Kaspersky software, identify the version you have installed and follow their instructions on how to disable that feature:

Let me know if this helps, and if you continue to have trouble. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @SSDDR. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting this. 

We did have reports of a similar issue recently, but we do think that has been resolved: Music Stops 10 Seconds Before the Song is Done

To ensure that Pandora is allowlisted for your browser(s), feel free to use this steps here.

Additionally, some anti-virus software like Kaspersky can have anti-banner settings enabled that behave similarly to ad blockers. If you're using Kaspersky software, identify the version you have installed and follow their instructions on how to disable that feature:

Let me know if this helps, and if you continue to have trouble. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

SSDDR
Local Performer

Yeah, no other security. I listened for a few hours today and it didnt happen, so i guess whatever was causing it has stopped.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SSDDR Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening!

0 Kudos