cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web: Endless White Noise when using Brave

PaoloNoSabo
Underground

I have found 2 stations under My Collection and in Recently Played that I am actually able to listen to. When I click any and all other stations (song radios, artist radios, playlists, whatever) it produces a loud, blaring, constant, white noise with absolutely none of the music audible at all. The track is playing because the track time is counting all the way from 0:00 to the end of the song. But it's just SHHHHHHWWSGHHHHHSHSHHHH --loud white noise. Because I am able to play those 2 recently played stations it tells me I am playing off of a cache that exists and I am unable to listen to anything that does not exist on the cache. What can I do?

This problem is occurring on the web app on a windows 11 64-bit machine. I am using Brave browser which is chromium based, and it is up to date.

I tried running it in Waterfox (firefox based) and it works fine, the issue does not continue, so seems like it is limited to chrome-based browsers. Still, I would like support with this issue, because I do use chrome browsers often (when at work I cannot use firefox, only chrome).

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @PaoloNoSabo. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. Unfortunately, Brave and Waterfox are not support browsers. Most modern computers will play Pandora without any modification, but at minimum, your set-up will need to meet the below minimum specifications:

Browsers:

• Safari 11
  • Latest Version of Chrome*
  • Latest Version of Firefox*
  • Microsoft Edge*

*Auto-updating must be enabled

Hardware:

• Mac laptop: Intel Core Duo 1.5 GHz or faster CPU, 1+ GB of RAM, 128+ MB of VRAM
  • PC laptop: Intel Atom 1.6 GHz or faster CPU, 1+ GB of RAM, 128+ MB of VRAM
  • Mac desktop: PowerPC G5 1.8 GHz or faster CPU, 1+ GB of RAM, 128+ MB of VRAM
  • PC desktop: Intel Pentium 4 2.33 Ghz or faster CPU, 1+ GB of RAM, 128+ MB of VRAM, or AMD Athlon 64 2800 or faster CPU, 1+ GB of RAM, 128+ MB of VRAM

You'll also need consistent bandwidth of at least 150 kbps. If you upgrade to Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium and want to use high quality audio, we recommend at least 300 kbps.

In the meantime, I would recommend using one of the support browsers or try using the Pandora Desktop App. You can find out more about the Desktop App here. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @PaoloNoSabo. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. Unfortunately, Brave and Waterfox are not support browsers. Most modern computers will play Pandora without any modification, but at minimum, your set-up will need to meet the below minimum specifications:

Browsers:

• Safari 11
  • Latest Version of Chrome*
  • Latest Version of Firefox*
  • Microsoft Edge*

*Auto-updating must be enabled

Hardware:

• Mac laptop: Intel Core Duo 1.5 GHz or faster CPU, 1+ GB of RAM, 128+ MB of VRAM
  • PC laptop: Intel Atom 1.6 GHz or faster CPU, 1+ GB of RAM, 128+ MB of VRAM
  • Mac desktop: PowerPC G5 1.8 GHz or faster CPU, 1+ GB of RAM, 128+ MB of VRAM
  • PC desktop: Intel Pentium 4 2.33 Ghz or faster CPU, 1+ GB of RAM, 128+ MB of VRAM, or AMD Athlon 64 2800 or faster CPU, 1+ GB of RAM, 128+ MB of VRAM

You'll also need consistent bandwidth of at least 150 kbps. If you upgrade to Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium and want to use high quality audio, we recommend at least 300 kbps.

In the meantime, I would recommend using one of the support browsers or try using the Pandora Desktop App. You can find out more about the Desktop App here. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

PaoloNoSabo
Underground

Brave is Chrome and Waterfox is Firefox. 

Why did you assume I do not have a modern computer and I would be upgrading my subscription? I am already a Premium member and I have an I7 @3.6 GHz CPU, 32 DDR4 RAM, 2GB GDDR5 RAM GPU, my bandwidth is 630 Mbps, not KB, MB, and that's despite VPN tunneling. 

0 Kudos

jskarulis
Local Performer

these answers saying Brave browser is not supported is just an unacceptable answer, it's just a politically correct way of dodging that the company support does not feel like actually helping users with browsers which support users privacy, most ad based revenue driven companies aren't going to support adblockers or privacy based browsers

0 Kudos