cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web: No sound when connected to Bluetooth Speaker

pagescster
Local Performer

I hear other sounds from my desktop playing on my JBL bluetooth speaker so I know the connection is fine, but it is not playing Pandora. I tried removing the device from my desktop and re-pairing but having the same issue. I also tried restarting Pandora. What the heck?

PS, I'm running the web version of Pandora in Chrome on my PC laptop.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pagescster Thank you for clarifying.

Since this does not appear to be an issue specific to Pandora, I recommend contacting the device manufacturer of your bluetooth speaker.

They should be able to further assist you in getting correctly set up to stream content from your computer through your speakers. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @pagescster 

Welcome to community.

To confirm your experience, your PC laptop is connected to your JBL Bluetooth speaker, and when you play Pandora, you're hearing sounds and tones from your computer, but not hearing playback from Pandora?

Do you have a similar experience when streaming content from other services or is this only happening with Pandora?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

pagescster
Local Performer
It doesn't playback audio from any other streaming content either, only
computer sounds

--
Sarah Page
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pagescster Thank you for clarifying.

Since this does not appear to be an issue specific to Pandora, I recommend contacting the device manufacturer of your bluetooth speaker.

They should be able to further assist you in getting correctly set up to stream content from your computer through your speakers. 

0 Kudos

Ings4
Local Performer

Had this issue today. Turned out it was due to using a headset for a web meeting. Even though the speaker was set to default sound output device, my browser (Firefox) was holding on to the headset device choice for anything browser-based.

Once I closed the browser and Pandora and re-opened them, it worked.