cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web: Premium Access

Philip1
Local Performer

I just signed up for one month free of pandora yesterday, and I love the music. But now there is no icon and it takes 10 minutes of rooting around to get to the music! And this time I cannot access it at all! And no choice of which of my favorite 10 artists is given to me! Help!

Moderator Edit: Format

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Philip1 Welcome to Pandora!

I've taken a look at the Pandora account associated with your community profile, and I think there may be a little confusion.

Your account is not currently upgraded to a trial, however, it appears you may have enabled a complimentary session of Pandora Premium by listening to on-demand content. This feature is called a Premium Access Session.

In the past, free listeners and Plus subscribers were only able to look for artists and tracks in order to create radio stations.

Now, if you search for and select the name of an artist, track, or album, you'll be brought to a "backstage page" where you can either create a radio station OR press play.

If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since on-demand listening is a feature for Premium subscribers, you will either see an ad for Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock Premium access.

By accepting the session, you'll automatically be transitioned into the Premium experience, which looks a little different from our free or Plus experiences. Which may explain why it looked a little different.

I also highly recommend checking out Using Pandora for tips and best practices to get the most out of your listening experience.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Philip1 Welcome to Pandora!

I've taken a look at the Pandora account associated with your community profile, and I think there may be a little confusion.

Your account is not currently upgraded to a trial, however, it appears you may have enabled a complimentary session of Pandora Premium by listening to on-demand content. This feature is called a Premium Access Session.

In the past, free listeners and Plus subscribers were only able to look for artists and tracks in order to create radio stations.

Now, if you search for and select the name of an artist, track, or album, you'll be brought to a "backstage page" where you can either create a radio station OR press play.

If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since on-demand listening is a feature for Premium subscribers, you will either see an ad for Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock Premium access.

By accepting the session, you'll automatically be transitioned into the Premium experience, which looks a little different from our free or Plus experiences. Which may explain why it looked a little different.

I also highly recommend checking out Using Pandora for tips and best practices to get the most out of your listening experience.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Philip1
Local Performer
Your response to my simple question of why can't I get an icon on my
startup screen makes me want to quit pandora.
I was shown an unsolicited offer of a free trial month and was given about
10 choices of favorite groups. I have not been given basic information
about monthly fees of a subscription. I was not told I needed to qualify
for a free monthly subscription. I was given a free month. After my first
30 minutes of pandora I had a hard time turning it off. Now it is very
difficult to turn it on, some times I give up. Now you tell me about
radio stations...no, I do not want to be a radio station. I guess I better
quit pandora. Please disconnect me from my free month, and no I do not
want premium access or any subscription. Goodbye, best regards to Pandora.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Philip1 The Pandora account connected to your Community profile shows no history of being upgraded to a free trial.

I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos