cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web: "Something Has Gone Wrong" Error

marvinp
Local Performer

same problem here...  I get the something wrong message, but music is playing... I am on a HP ProDesk pc running windows 10.... so now I cannot change stations... I open pandora and it flashes the station for a second when it starts playing, then flashes over to the something wrong which I cannot get rid of

Labels (3)
62 Replies

zona78
Local Performer

We are using the website and we are using google chrome. It has been working just fine but suddenly it would say " Something has gone wrong. We're working on this issue, and we'll have things back to normal soon. " It happens quite frequently now and we don't always have time to worry about the music shutting off.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @zona78. 👋

Thanks for following up with those details. Sorry to hear that you're encountering this error message.

I would recommend trying out these steps to see if it helps resolve the issue: Chrome Troubleshooting

Additionally, I would check to see if this happens while using a different browser like Firefox. This will help us determine whether this issue is browser-related. 

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

rubz
Local Performer

rubz_0-1653605136128.png

im stuck on this spinning screen, pressing play doesn't work. I have pandora plus, it works on my phone. i use chrome

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @rubz. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this.

Let's try running through these steps to see if it helps resolve the issue you're experiencing: Chrome Troubleshooting

You can also try using a different web browser to see if the issue persists. This will help us determine whether this is device related.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

rubz
Local Performer

rubz_0-1653675408277.png

chrome is up to date but it still doesn't play anything. pandora does work on my phone and other browsers, i restarted chrome after updating

0 Kudos

rubz
Local Performer

i want to download the windows app, but i cant click or even see the download button

rubz_1-1653678778685.png

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @rubz. 👋

Thanks for posting those screenshots.

Were you able to run through the Chrome Troubleshooting steps? 

Also, could you try using this link to download the Pandora Desktop App for Windows?

0 Kudos

demmerich1
Local Performer

I'm having this same issue with a new album I added (Def Leppard, Diamond Star Halos). It doesn't seem to happening with any other song, album, or playlist. I'm using Chrome on Windows 10, not a desktop app. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @demmerich1. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're encountering this error message. I moved your message over to this existing thread: Web: "Something Has Gone Wrong" Error

I would recommend trying out these steps: Chrome Troubleshooting

Let me know if this helps resolve that error message you're seeing when you attempt to play that album. 🎧

0 Kudos

srlager
Local Performer

I am having the same problem and have been for weeks.  I am using a browser - Chrome currently and have tried every other browser I can think of and still getting the same error.pandora.PNG

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@srlager I moved your post over to this existing thread: Web: "Something Has Gone Wrong" Error

I would recommend trying out these steps: Chrome Troubleshooting

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Tahoeskibum
Underground
I am using Firefox and don’t have this problem with any other streaming platforms.

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tahoeskibum I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Firefox Troubleshooting

If you continue to experience issues with this, please send me a screenshot of the error message you're seeing.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

samanthaerin90
Local Performer

The error message I've gotten for the past three weeks when trying to listen to any station on Chrome or Microsoft Edge is "Something has gone wrong. We're working on this issue, and we'll have things back to normal soon". Sometimes if I keep refreshing and hitting play on different stations a song will play. Can someone help with this issue?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @samanthaerin90. 👋

Does this issue occur when attempting to initiate a complimentary session of Premium?

In the meantime, I would recommend trying out these steps:

You can also try rebooting your connection to see if this helps resolve the error:

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

0 Kudos

eargasm
Local Performer

thumbs / pause/skip not showing

thumbs not displaying on desktop but on ios.  i believe this is Pandora problem not the user

if i reinstall - will it take care of this problem?

tried all the suggestions - nothing works

It is a problem that pandora has- not the users  please fix

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@eargasm Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? 

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
  2. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

eargasm
Local Performer
windows 10 using google chrome. use website pandora.PC
when i go to my profile; a quick message comes up and says-- something went
wrong. we are fixing the problem as soon as possible---and disappears.

the thumbs however appear on my IOS pandora
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@eargasm Thanks for following up.

I moved your post over to this existing thread: Web: "Something Has Gone Wrong" Error

Please try running through the following troubleshooting steps: Google Chrome Troubleshooting

If you continue to experience issues with this, can you please send me screenshots of both the error message you are seeing, along with the website where the thumbs are missing?

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

Thanks again for working with me on this.

CraftyCatMom2
Opening Act

Whenever I edit my Huey Lewis & the News playlist inside my Pandora desktop app moving songs up to the top that I want to add to my station I keep getting an error message saying Something has gone wrong. We're working on this issue, and we'll have things back to normal soon. It causes me to close the Pandora desktop app and reopen it again. Could you look into this error message I'm getting? Thanks.

0 Kudos