cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web: "We're having trouble playing audio on this device" Error

deanbkr30
Local Performer

I've been getting the message attached below for the past couple of days. I'm using a laptop, Windows 11, Brave browser, the ad blockers are turned off for Pandora and yet nothing seems to work. The Pandora app on my phone works, it's using the same wifi, router and modem. How do I fix this?Screenshot 2024-03-11 010840.png

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
22 Replies

MusicFan57575
Local Performer

this worked for me with Chrome

Turn off the ad blocker

You can change your settings to allow ads on all sites.

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, select More Settings.
  3. Select Privacy and security Site settings.
  4. Under “Content,” select Additional content settings Intrusive ads.
  5. Under “Default behavior,” select Any site you visit can show any ad to you.
0 Kudos

awalter182000
Local Performer

I have attempted all troubleshooting options on the Pandora site and none of them have solved my technical problem. I am currently using a desktop (chrome browser) to play Pandora and this message keeps appearing.

"We're having trouble playing audio on this device. We can't load media right now. This is commonly caused by overzealous ad blockers or privacy extensions. Please check that your browser extensions are not blocking our audio and refresh the page. If you continue to see this error you should contact support".

My job has a technical support department and they have verified any site or network troubleshooting and concluded that it was  a Pandora account related issue. Someone with a different Pandora account was able to play using my computer with no pop-up message as mentioned above. 

I tried multiple ways to contact Pandora directly and the site makes it extremely challenging to contact customer support by placing multiple roundabout links. I have been a premium Pandora member for many years and would rather get this issue resolved than cancel my membership entirely. I am dissatisfied with Pandora's extremely limited accessibility to direct customer support. 

0 Kudos

MariaPandora

Hi @awalter182000, welcome to the community!

To keep things in order, I moved your post here: Web: "We're having trouble playing audio on this device" Error

You may want to check some of the suggestions made here to see if there's something else you can try that you haven't yet.

If you already tried everything suggested in this thread, can you tell me more about what's happening? Are you seeing the message the moment you log in or are you able to log in and then the message appears? Also, are you listening from a Mac or Windows computer?

Let us know.

0 Kudos