cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website and Desktop App Extremely Slow / Delayed

michelevit
Local Performer

Howdy feeling Pandora users. I hope everyone is staying safe and sane.

I'm a long time Pandora user and love how I can create a station based on a song or artist. I love how Pandora is able to shuffle these stations.

The phone app for Android is nice. It's quick to start up and play and toggling on and off shuffle mode is pretty quick. My complaint is with the web based music player on my desktop computer. 

When I use the web based Pandora website, things are rage inducing painfully slow. I have built a workbench computer in my garage using a powerful 16 gig i7 running windows 10. Every computer I have tried the Pandora website on is super **ahem** slow. I am trying to select stations to add or remove to the shuffle and there is a super long delay. I'm trying to use my workbench PC in the garage since it's hard wired to nice speakers and it's easier on my eyes than looking at my smart phone. Deleting stations also takes forever.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I even installed the Pandora app for windows thinking it would run and smooth as the phone app, but it **ahem** as much as the website. I also tried different browsers. I've tried different computers too.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
25 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Sn00py. 👋

Thanks for resetting the app data.

Just to confirm, did you try uninstalling / reinstalling as well?

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Sn00py
Local Performer

I did re-install. seems to be more apparent when I have a few browser tabs open.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sn00py Thanks for confirming.

I'll share your feedback / experience with our engineering team on your behalf.

Appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

SPGarber
Underground

I am also having massive computer slowdown when using Pandora through Chrome. Slowdown like the mouse gets delayed or even keyboard inputs while it is playing, despite having a very powerful machine.

I have often used it in the past (let's be honest - constantly) with no issues. The issues only started showing up now that I have switched to a laptop at work (formerly was using a desktop). It doesn't seem to matter what browser I have it open in, I believe I am seeing the same issue either way. Like I said, it shouldn't be a specs issue on the laptop though, this computer is powerful and can run heavy duty software (such as SolidWorks) with no problem.

Help?

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @SPGarber. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about your experience.

I would recommend running through the troubleshooting steps for Chrome here.

It may help to try another browser to determine whether this issue is browser-related. 

Hope this helps. 🎧

0 Kudos

Sn00py
Local Performer

It's been 18months. There is still noticeable lag when pandora is showing on the screen. If I minimize the lag goes away. During this time, I've installed windows 11 (wipe and load not an upgrade). Since the first time I posted I upgraded my CPU to a i9-10980XE. 

Also, is there a reason why my phone that isn't running pandora continually tries to send stuff back to stats.pandora.com?

Oct 20 21:35:40LAN10.X.0.X
Pixel 7 pro
  stats.pandora.com [ DNSBL ]
DNSBL-Full | -|PRI|HTTP/2.0|-
0 Kudos