cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whitelisted but Still Receiving Ad-Blocker Error

SJO
Underground

For some reason Pandora keeps telling me that my ad-blocker (uBlock Origin) is on, which it is.  However Pandora is white listed and I am seeing and hearing all the adds (I verified that the ad-blocker has blocked 0 adds from Pandora).  Technically I have no reason to complain since I am using a free account.  Pandora is able to recognize that I have an ad-blocker installed, but it can't see that the URL has been white listed.  This is an interesting bug.  Not sure who's it is, Pandora's or the ad-blocker's.  Let me know if I am missing something. Though I do not mind the adds from Pandora, the ad-blocker is here to stay, blocking all the other adds (358,073 since mid 2019)

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @SJO. 👋

Looks like you selected the Windows Desktop App as a label for this post.

• Are you using the desktop app?
  • Also, could you share a screenshot of your whitelisted extensions? 

I'd like to report this to engineering along with your feedback so they can take a look.

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

10 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @SJO. 👋

Looks like you selected the Windows Desktop App as a label for this post.

• Are you using the desktop app?
  • Also, could you share a screenshot of your whitelisted extensions? 

I'd like to report this to engineering along with your feedback so they can take a look.

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

tweve
Local Performer

I am also a free user. Pandora.com is whitelisted with AdBlock on Chrome. Using the Chrome browser, this works fine. 

I recently installed the Pandora App on Win 10. I found that it's load time was longer than just using another tab on my usually opened Chrome. I experienced the same error msg later when I went to use Pandora using Chrome. 

The problem went away when I uninstalled the App. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @tweve. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about your experience. 

Sounds like you were having trouble listening from the Pandora Desktop App.

If you're still interested in using the app, feel free to try out these steps to see if it helps with your listening experience.

Let me know if you continue to run into trouble. 🎧

mrwgamer
Local Performer

I'm using Brave. Adblock Plus is turned off.  Pandora is saying that Adblock is on.

I see no way to fix this. Been using Pandora for some years now, even with Adblock on.
NOT using the app. I go to Pandora.com.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @mrwgamer. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. Unfortunately, Brave isn't a supported browser. You can find the Web Minimum Specifications in this post.  In the meantime, some anti-virus software like Kaspersky can have anti-banner settings enabled that behave similarly to ad blockers. If you're using Kaspersky software, identify the version you have installed and follow their instructions on how to disable that feature: 

Hope this helps. 🎧

Cheech
Local Performer

I am using the web based version of Pandora with the Vivaldi browser.  The Pandora web site is white listed and the same error occurs.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Cheech. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this.

Unfortunately, Vivaldi is not a supported browser for Pandora. Have you tried one of our supported browsers to see if you're able to listen?

Browsers:

• Internet Explorer 11
  • Safari 11
  • Latest Version of Chrome*
  • Latest Version of Firefox*
  • Edge*

*Auto-updating must be enabled

You can also view our minimum specifications for web browsers: Web Minimum Specs

Hope this helps. 🎧

Visolara
Local Performer

Hello, I am also having the same issue with Pandora complaining about Ad Blocker when I have pandora.com whitelisted.  I am a long time member, using the free Pandora account.  I listen to Pandora in the most current version of FireFox.  Even when I click on, or show me, it does nothing.  I need to close pandora.com and log in fresh for it to go away.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Visolara. 👋

Thanks for posting about this. Some anti-virus software like Kaspersky can have anti-banner settings enabled that behave similarly to ad blockers. If you're using Kaspersky software, identify the version you have installed and follow their instructions on how to disable that feature: 

Another option is to check your privacy extension settings. Since there are so many variations of ad blocking software and programs, we are unable to provide instructions for all of them. If you continue to have trouble, please reach out to the security software's or device manufacturer's support team for additional assistance.

You can also bypass using your web browser to stream Pandora by downloading our Desktop App.

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Visolara
Local Performer

Hello Alyssa, and thank you for responding to my issue.  I am using a newer Dell Laptop with its default McAfee security.  I just added pandora.com to McAfee whitelist.  I had it whitelisted in my Webbrowser security (local to Firefox), so lets see if this additional whitelisting helps.

Thank you!