cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win 10 Desktop App auto-starts

OhSnideOne
Local Performer

I installed the Pandora app for desktop on a PC running Win10.  Every time log off / restart and then log in again, the app opens automatically (like Skype). There is no setting where I can turn this off (unlike Skype). Any ideas of why this is happening / how to fix this?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 09/27/19: Hi everyone -- thanks for all of your feedback about this auto-start feature on the Desktop app. 

We've heard you and have disabled the auto-start feature for new installs of the desktop app. If you'd like this feature to be turned ON, you will need to manually turn it on yourself by following the steps that @AdamPandora outlined here. These are the same steps you need to follow if you installed before our change and want to turn OFF auto-start.

As this has been resolved, I am closing this thread from new comments. Thanks again for your feedback everyone!

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

View solution in original post

5 Replies

nquateman
Underground

Yes, I'm also having the same issue of having Pandora start automatically when I boot up my Windows laptop.  I DEFINITELY don't want that to happen, but can't find a way to prevent it.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nquateman @OhSnideOne You can disable the auto-launch feature by following the steps on this page.

Hope we continue to see you two around the community! 

0 Kudos

nquateman
Underground

Adam,

Thanks for this info, I had just found it.  It find it a bit strange that a user must do searches in forums and help files in order to change a moderately important setting like that.  Maybe you can submit a feature request that it be added within the application, so a user doesn't have to waste time and spin their wheels and feel irritated about it, like I did.

OhSindeOne, I found an instruction that should stop the auto start:

To do that on Windows:

1. Right-click the Start button.
  2. Select Task Manager.
  3. Click the Startup tab. (If you don't see the Startup tab, select More details.)
  4. Select Pandora.
  5. Select Disable.

OhSnideOne
Local Performer

100% agree with @nquateman.: Turning off autostart should not, not, NOT require back-end knowledge of the operating system. Pandora should not be the *only* app that fails in this regard. 

I'd go even further than making it a setting, which would presumably default to "Yes" for auto-start. Instead, when the app installs and is opened the first time, in addition to asking the user to log in, the app should prompt the user (with a standard "you can turn this off later" statement) so that the user can choose. Unlike other apps, it would not be something we have find in settings either. 

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 09/27/19: Hi everyone -- thanks for all of your feedback about this auto-start feature on the Desktop app. 

We've heard you and have disabled the auto-start feature for new installs of the desktop app. If you'd like this feature to be turned ON, you will need to manually turn it on yourself by following the steps that @AdamPandora outlined here. These are the same steps you need to follow if you installed before our change and want to turn OFF auto-start.

As this has been resolved, I am closing this thread from new comments. Thanks again for your feedback everyone!

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts