cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Desktop App: Crashing Issues

halloranj
Local Performer

as a previous listener, I quit Pandora because when I had a webpage open and running from the web, About every 30 mins or so it would just stop playing even though I was a paid subscriber.  I sent several messages to support and was told they were aware of the issue, but could not tell me when it would be fixed.  Sorry, not an answer I quit Pandora and went to another.  Now I am trying Pandora again and want to use the Windows App and not a webpage open.  Now the app keeps crashing.  It just stops playing then you have to refresh and log in again.  I am not going to use and pay for Pandora again if they can't even get the App working.  I am using windows 10 latest build on a Dell desktop running plenty of ram 32.  No error message just stops and shows the last song played and you keep hitting the play button and nothing happens.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@halloranj I moved your post over to the Desktop space.

Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve the issue. 

First, try resetting the Pandora app from the Help menu (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you). Press Alt on your keyboard to bring up a menu options at the top of the page, then select Help and Reset App Data.

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling using the following steps:

1. Locate Pandora in your Start Menu, and right-click to reveal an additional menu. Select Uninstall from the dropdown menu. From there, select Pandora from the list and confirm by selecting Uninstall once more.
  2. Next, find our app in the Windows Store on your device. Search for Pandora in the upper right corner and click or tap Get to re-install.

Please note that downloading any application on your devices requires a Microsoft account and password, and it may be a different email address and password than those on your Pandora account.

Also, we do not support Pandora on unofficial OS releases, like preview or developer builds. We only support Pandora on configurations that we have fully tested, so as to ensure the application will work correctly and not cause any problems with functions of the device.

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes.

jojo0722
Local Performer

Thank you for your reply. I had tried those steps a few days ago after finding it somewhere else in the community.  About 15 minutes ago it just froze up again.  Stopped playing and you hit the play button and nothing.  You have to close out and open again and start your playlist all over and not from where it last left off.  This is so frustrating.  I like Pandora, but will not continue to pay with issues...at least it does not throw random songs out of the blue like Spotify!  I hate that!  

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @jojo0722. 👋

Sorry to hear that uninstalling and reinstalling the app did not resolve the issue.

I'd like to report this issue to our engineers for further investigation. Could you help by providing a little more info?

1. Make and model of your device;
  2. Mode: Desktop or Tablet?
  3. Network (Wi-Fi or 3G/4G/LTE);
  4. Pandora version (under Pandora Settings on the bottom left);
  5. Windows version & build;
  6. Are there any error messages? If so, what do they say?
  7. Are you able to stream Pandora normally through a web browser like Chrome or Firefox?

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)