cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

impact of Pandora on Internet speed

Playsinthedirt
Underground

I have had slow response on the web lately and use ookla speedtest.  My speed without desktop Pandora on is 100mbps. When Pandora is on it is less than half of that.  I get slow response on page resolving, tab openings.  I use Imac, comcast, Chrome.  Any tips or tricks to get Pandora from sucking all the juice?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Playsinthedirt. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space. 

• You could try running through the standard Chrome troubleshooting steps to see if that helps. You can find those steps in this helpful article.
  • Another option is to see how the desktop app works, if you're interested. We do have a desktop app available for MAC computers. You can find out how it works here.

Have any error messages popped up during your listening sessions?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Playsinthedirt
Underground

No error messages pop up.  I started with troubleshooting Chrome before testing with and without Pandora on. I have used the desktop version since it was available.  I have no idea how to check version or if it gets updated.  I was looking for tips and how to reduce the pull.  I pay comcast for 200mbps but have never seen that  They may be the problem although their customer service (in Honduras) denies it is Comcast.  Yesterday speedtest was as low as 62 and then 35.  Must be the Russians? (just a joke).  

0 Kudos