cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Something Has Gone Wrong" When Playing Podcasts

atagmee
Underground

I get the same error message when trying to listen to some podcasts. Using Google Chrome on PC. Tried Bing and Firefox same error. Tried all Google Chrome troubleshooting step mention above and completed each step and rebooted PC, still getting error message. I deleted Pandora Ap on my phone and reinstalled, no love. About to cancel with you guys, hope you can help.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (11/04/22):  Hi everyone 👋

We believe this issue has now been resolved.

If you continue to notice this exact error message, please let us know. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

61 Replies

Silverlock
Underground

I'm using the Pandora website in Microsoft Edge 90.0.818.46 on Windows 10.  I can search for podcasts and add them to my collection but whenever I try to play an episode from one of them I get an error that says "Something has gone wrong.  We're working on this issue, and we'll have things back to normal soon."  This has been happening for months.

It's not EVERY podcast, there are a few that I don't have any trouble playing current or back episodes, but for most podcasts every episode I try to listen to gives the error.  The Cognitive Dissonance podcast works fine.  The West Wing Weekly, the Slate Political Gabfest, and Oh No! Ross and Carrie all fail on every episode.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Silverlock. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about your experience. I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what's happening, and in case we need to share this with our engineering team. Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve the issue. 

First, try resetting the Pandora app from the Help menu (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you). Press Alt on your keyboard to bring up a menu options at the top of the page, then select Help and Reset App Data.

++

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling using the following steps:

1. Locate Pandora in your Start Menu, and right-click to reveal an additional menu. Select Uninstall from the dropdown menu. From there, select Pandora from the list and confirm by selecting Uninstall once more.
  2. Next, find our app in the Windows Store on your device. Search for Pandora in the upper right corner and click or tap Get to re-install.

Please note that downloading any application on your devices requires a Microsoft account and password, and it may be a different email address and password than those on your Pandora account.

Also, we do not support Pandora on unofficial OS releases, like preview or developer builds. We only support Pandora on configurations that we have fully tested, so as to ensure the application will work correctly and not cause any problems with functions of the device.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @atagmee. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're encountering this error message. I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account in case we need to share this with our engineering team.

• Does this happen with any podcast you attempt to listen to?
  • Or does this occur with specific podcast(s)? If so, which one(s)?
  • Does this occur when you listen to music as well?

++

You mentioned having trouble listening from your mobile device too.

Do you receive an error message when you attempt to listen on that device?

Let me know. 🎧

atagmee
Underground

It only happens to podcast, never music. There is no error message on my mobile, it just dosen't play when I press play. Right now I can't listen to Smartless and Ben Shapiro. Yesterday it was Michael knowles and I think Matt Walsh and Tucker Carlson. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reporting this, @atagmee. 🤝

I have created a ticket with our engineering team so they can help look into this further.

We appreciate your patience with this in the meantime!

atagmee
Underground

Adam, I'm still having problems. Do you have an ETA on a fix?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @atagmee. 👋

Our engineering team is still investigating this issue for you.

I understand how frustrating this can be. We appreciate your patience while they work on this. 🎧

jbeigie
Local Performer

The Megyn Kelly Show and Bill O'Reilly No Spin Zone podcasts have been broke for the last week.  Keep getting the "Something has gone wrong. We're working on this issue, and we'll have things back to normal soon." Error message.

What is up with that

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jbeigie I moved your post over to this existing thread: Something has gone wrong error when trying to play specific podcasts

I have added your feedback to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this issue.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime as they continue to work on a fix. 🛠

Khaldore
Local Performer

I'm also having this issue, specifically in Windows 10.  I've come across it in the desktop app, as well as logging in via three different browsers (Chrome, Edge, Firefox).

The two podcasts I've noticed with this issue have been The Conspirators, and A Fork in Time (due to being many episodes behind, they're the only ones I've checked so far).  Oddly, they seem to work fine on my Samsung Galaxy S10 via the Android app (I rarely use that at home/work, however, so I tested it specifically for this thread).

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Khaldore. 👋

Thanks for reporting this. I have shared your experience / feedback with our engineering team regarding those two podcasts. We appreciate your patience while they work on this. 🎧

kstilson4304
Underground

Any fix because my podcast have stopped playing as well in the browser (all of them) and with the desktop app?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @kstilson4304. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about your experience.

Could you share a bit more about what's happening?

• Does this happen with all of your podcasts? 
  • Or, does it occur with specific podcasts? Which ones?
  • Are you using a Windows or MAC computer?
  • Which is your preferred method of listening to Pandora? Browser or Desktop App?

Let me know. 🎧

kstilson4304
Underground

It happens in the browser, I tried Chrome, Edge, and Firefox and also the windows app. It happens on almost all my podcast but never my music. There are a couple podcast it never happens on like ones from AudioChuck on the browser, but in the app it happens to those too once in a while.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kstilson4304 Thanks for getting back to me.

I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account in case we need to share this with our engineering team. Let's try out these steps to see if it helps resolve the issue: Pandora Desktop Troubleshooting

Also, if you're able to get a screenshot of the error message, this would be helpful too.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

kstilson4304
Underground

This is a screenshot of the error message, it is the same on browser and app.

shgw.JPG

0 Kudos

kstilson4304
Underground

Here is the error I get in the console every time I hit play when it's acting up. I have found if I click around on a bunch of different podcast I can sometimes get it to play eventually.

consoleerror.JPG

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kstilson4304 Thanks so much for providing those details - this is very helpful. I've reported this to our engineering team on an internal ticket we have open. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience while they investigate. 🎧

0 Kudos

Silverlock
Underground

I'm still having this problem every single time I try to use Pandora.  Most podcasts fail to play.  Has the trace you enabled given your team any insight on the problem?

I'm not using the Pandora app; I'm using pandora.com in the Edge browser.  I'm not using a preview or developer build of the OS.

0 Kudos