cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"We can't find anymore music to play" Error

abbyconnor70
Underground

After about 2 hours of playing music this one station stops working and says this -- We're sorry, but we can't find any more music to play on your station right now. Try switching stations.

I cant go back to the station for a couple of hours on any of my devices.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@abbyconnor70 Thanks for getting back to me with that information.

I've taken a look at your account/station, and I think you're seeing that message pop up as a result of a very high number of Thumbed down tracks on your stations.

Thumbed down tracks narrow down the song pool and can lead to the error message you are seeing. Thumbed up tracks, on the other hand, act like seeds that inspire similar music to play.

To fix the error, you'll need to remove some Thumb Down ratings and continue to Thumb Up those songs that really stand out. Balancing your Thumb ratings can help you tune your stations as you desire.

++

Regarding the second error message you're noticing, it sounds like you may need to whitelist Pandora for your web browser. You can find out more about how to do that here.

Feel free to let me know if you still have trouble with this! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

19 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @abbyconnor70. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting this, and sorry for the inconvenience.

1. Where are you listening (home, work, or on the go)?
  2. Is this happening on all your stations or just one?
  3. Name of the station(s)?
  4. Does this happen after you skip or thumb down a song?

This will give me a better sense of what's causing this, and we can go from there.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

abbyconnor70
Underground

It happens only on one station. My "New Alternative" station. I am listening at home but it does not matter if i go in my car or not. I can no longer listen to that station after a couple hours. I have to change the station to continue listening. It does not happen after skipping a song just letting it play and it will stop.

@AlyssaPandora We can't load media right now. This is commonly caused by overzealous ad blockers or privacy extensions. Please check that your browser extensions are not blocking our audio and refresh the page. If you continue to see this error you should contact support.

thats a new error I got

Thanks!
Abby

mod edit: format
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@abbyconnor70 Thanks for getting back to me with that information.

I've taken a look at your account/station, and I think you're seeing that message pop up as a result of a very high number of Thumbed down tracks on your stations.

Thumbed down tracks narrow down the song pool and can lead to the error message you are seeing. Thumbed up tracks, on the other hand, act like seeds that inspire similar music to play.

To fix the error, you'll need to remove some Thumb Down ratings and continue to Thumb Up those songs that really stand out. Balancing your Thumb ratings can help you tune your stations as you desire.

++

Regarding the second error message you're noticing, it sounds like you may need to whitelist Pandora for your web browser. You can find out more about how to do that here.

Feel free to let me know if you still have trouble with this! 🎧

abbyconnor70
Underground

Thanks for the help!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Anytime, @abbyconnor70. Happy listening! 😁

0 Kudos

bkengland
Opening Act

What???? This is not a reasonable solution. Users should not be limited on the number of thumbs down clicks. We have to use the feature largely because of shortcomings of the Pandora algorithm. And the limit is, I assume, arbitrary. I'm getting this error message now, and it's not reasonable to tell me, or any user, to reverse thumbs down clicks.

pianowatie
Underground

I have this problem message: "We're sorry, but we can't find any more music to play on your station right now. Try switching stations."

It's only happening on my "Faithfully Radio" station, however I have 175 thumbs up, and only 11 thumbs down. I was listening to Crowd Faves, but now it won't let me load it at all on any mode. Any advice for this?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @bkengland. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

While you aren't limited to the amount of Thumb feedback, having an excessive amount of Thumbs Down (especially in a short time frame) can lead to this error message. This can also occur when excessively Thumb Down songs and don't use your Thumbs Up. 

Pandora stations adapt with every song to try to find the right music for your stations. Without Thumb info, however, Pandora has to guess what songs you like or don't like. This also means that you can use Thumbs to craft the sound you are trying to achieve and vary the playlists from station to station. For example, you might want to give a song you like a Thumb Down if you think it will bring in a certain type of music you'd prefer to not have on that station. Don't be afraid to rate songs as you can always edit your stations later if you don't like the direction your station is going or if you'd like to mix things up.

In the meantime, I've noted your thoughts about this. Thanks so much for your feedback.

Which station are you running into this error message with?

Let me know.

++

Hey there, @pianowatie. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're running into this issue. How are you listening when this happens?

Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?

I look forward to hearing back! 🎧

0 Kudos

pianowatie
Underground

Hi Alyssa, I'm listening to Pandora from a MacBook Air - on Safari through pandora.com 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pianowatie Thanks so much for sending over that information. 

I've actually escalated your issue to our engineering team since your modes for that station have disappeared after that error message. I just finished creating an internal ticket so that they can look into this issue. Appreciate your patience while they look into this.

@bkengland Have you experienced your modes disappearing as well when this error message pops up?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@abbyconnor70 I'm receiving word that the issue should be fixed with your modes. Could you try again and let me know if the issue persists?

0 Kudos

pianowatie
Underground

Great thank you! If it helps the engineers, I also tried loading the same pandora station on my Dell Laptop (Google Chrome) and it has the same error, so the error isn't specific to a browser or operating system.

bkengland
Opening Act

It actually seems to be working now. And with all the modes displaying. I think they were there even when the error message appeared, but I'm not 100% sure. 

Thanks, but I specifically do not use thumbs up, as I found it leads to too much repeating of tracks. Instead, I add artists to my seed list. This is what I want my feed to reflect, plus leaving out the tracks I've applied thumbs down to and those I've indicated I'm tired of. Even with my careful crafting of the station, some really bizarre tracks play regularly. It even seems some get thrown in there just because someone I know messages me about a song or plays it themselves.

Here's what I was using when the error displayed:

• Model (i.e. iPhone, Galaxy, etc.): Mac Pro (Early 2009)
  • Operating system (i.e. Android 9 or iOS 13):  System Version: OS X 10.11.6 (15G22010), Kernel Version: Darwin 15.6.0
  • Web browser if on a computer: Chrome Version 85.0.4183.102 (Official Build) (64-bit) and Firefox 78.2.0, Firefox ESR (error appeared with both browsers)

Bruce

mod edit: format

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you, @bkengland. I completely understand where you're coming from with crafting the stations. I'll be sharing your feedback / computer details with our engineering team. 👍

++

@pianowatie It sounds like you're still experiencing that error message. Could you confirm whether are the modes still missing for you?

Thanks for sticking with me on this! 🎧

0 Kudos

pianowatie
Underground

Hi Alyssa, I haven't been on Pandora for a few weeks. I logged in today and everything seems to be working normally. Thanks!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pianowatie Thanks so much for letting me know.

I'm very happy to hear that you're back to listening without any issues. 

Enjoy the tunes and have a great weekend! 🎶

0 Kudos

MachineNoise
Local Performer

I just got this horrible error on ALL devices. **ahem**? Please don't tell me its because of thumbs-down's because I haven't thumbed anything down on this channel "Boards of Canada" in a LONG while.

Now I'm seeing it for other stations and this message just keeps spamming.

"I'm sorry, I'm having trouble finding the perfect song to play next. If you run out of music on this station, try switching to one of your other stations."

0 Kudos

MachineNoise
Local Performer

Its working now. No idea why. Lets keep it that way 🙂

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MachineNoise Thanks so much for posting.

I was just made aware that we were having playback issues across all devices for a short amount of time. However, you should be able to listen now.

Let me know if anything else pops up today. 🎧

0 Kudos