cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Crossfade / Gapless Audio Playback

Ideas: Crossfade / Gapless Audio Playback

Drana
Underground

Is there a way to blend one song into the next so that there is no dead silence between tracks?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
153 Comments
Dianabbd
Local Performer

Crossfade is needed especially when hosting events at home, the dead silence is killer. Why is it available in Sonos and not on Pandora premium? I currently have a subscription that I plan to cancel in 30 days if this isn't made available. 

Moderator Edit: Format

natechien
Local Performer

+1 for gapless audio play. the gap is distracting and jarring. a toggle choice between gapless, crossfade & having a gap would be ideal. 

razorjaw
Local Performer

So no hope of a feature as simple as this?

Dianabbd
Local Performer

C’mon techs, why won’t you add this? It’s available on Sonos Pandora app so why not on all platforms? Especially as some of us pay into the app. PLEASE 💃🏻

AzGal05
Local Performer

If I remember correctly, Pandora use to have a cross fade option but somewhere down the line it was removed. As a long time customer I'd love to have crossfade available!

DrumLinaGrrl
Local Performer

Yes, please crossfade, especially for paying members! I'd love to hear a seamless stream of music!

dlimes
Local Performer

I used to be a Pandora member before moving to Canada (not available there).  In Canada I subscribed to Spotify but really missed Pandora.  Now I've moved back 4 years later and discovered how much I've appreciated Gapless / Crossfade on Spotify ... If Pandora would add this feature, I would for sure go back to Pandora.  In the meantime, I'll stick with software that offers this feature (not in to awkward silence between songs).  Still, Pandora is a good program for those who don't mind, either way.

robertmansour
Underground

iHeart Radio also has crossfade feature for free as does Spotify.  I wish Pandora had it!

Drew_Lito
Local Performer

Pandora, loved how you added the ability to prevent duplicate songs on a playlist.  Now you need to add this feature… unless you want Spotify to win…

jab6string
Underground

It makes me sad this has been open this long and hasn't been added yet.  @AdamPandora @TannerPandora can we get an update?!  Many would rejoice to get this added -- this update it critical, please hear me out:

This feature has been such a fundamental aspect of listening to music since the beginning of recorded-music history!  Just think about it, for me, you, and millions of others, we have listened to countless hours of gapless / continuous playing of track-to-track music from vinyl through CDs for countless years.  Having a 'break' between tracks on an album is jarring and breaks what the music artist often is artistically trying to express with the connection of their music tracks.  Some albums even RELY on gapless playback.  Pandora needs to make this a priority upgrade to all of its platforms!  It is a feature found on your competitors programs (e.g. Spotify).  It honestly has me looking at finding a program with gapless.  But, I love Pandora and would prefer to see this change in the program I love and not feel the need to switch.  Please make this change!  Please give us an update!