cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Blocking / Muting Artists & Genres

Ideas: Blocking / Muting Artists & Genres

bjoyce2
Opening Act

New Feature Idea: Create Rules about what bands you never want to hear.  If I select a Genre but there are certain bands I never want to hear, there should be a way to create a rule. i.e. I select the 70's Rock Genre but I never want to hear any music from Sting, Rush, Styx, Journey, Kiss, etc.  then allow me to create a rule eliminating them fron the selection algorithm.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
175 Comments
martini956
Local Performer

It’s pretty silly that we can’t craft our stations more specifically. Why is hip hop playing on Natalie Prass? The same completely unrelated artists on a station is crazy. With all the music streaming options out there, Pandora, get it together. 

joecoolatbyu
Local Performer

I would just like to have the ability to block artists whose songs are inappropriate for children to hear even if foul language is edited the message of the song still may be inappropriate.

twstdlttlsistr
Local Performer
Yes I agree!
OmegaVladd
Local Performer

How after 3 years has this not made it into being a feature....it shouldn't be that hard to block an artist... you let us thumbs down songs... there is no reason I shouldn't be able to thumbs down an artist that I do not like...

frlejo
Underground
Unless pandora would lose money by allowing us to block them
davidjharris123
Opening Act

I agree.  There are so many radio station groups and rap noise stars I'd love to block!

Arkyrus
Local Performer

I agree there needs to be a feature for this, I can’t stand the hip hop artist Don Trip and want to make sure his music does not pop up in my music player feed.

Pete4
Local Performer

Can we remove Kevin Spacey from the library, please?

Whenever Dean Martin shows up on one of my channels, it always makes me smile.

At some point during his illustrious career, Kevin Spacey was dubbed into two of Dean’s recordings, “King of the Road,” and “Ain’t That a Kick in the Head.”  These appeared in an album of duets with Martin entitled “Forever Cool.”  For whatever reason, Pandora has chosen to use the duet recording rather than the original, solo, Dean Martin version.

Kevin Spacey ain’t “cool.”  At least he isn’t anymore.  There was a brief time when he was one of the hottest properties in Hollywood.  His Bobby Darin tribute was impeccable.  Now that we know the real story on Spacey, he needs to be removed from our collective memories.  He deserves to be CANCELLED.

The original recordings of the aforementioned songs are available, I request that they be used instead.  I don’t mind skipping these songs whenever they come up.  I even do a thumbs down sometimes, but they continue to appear.   

WHATEVER the “My Pillow” guy did to offend so many doesn’t come close in comparison to the arrogance and perversion of Spacey.  Lindell at least PAID for his time. Spacey is collecting royalties.

Thank you for your consideration.

UncleBud
Chart Topper

@Pete4 I do not wish to be negative but I would like to suggest a differing opinion. 

I am against cancel culture from the left or the right. I don't agree with it. I am not a Spacey fan. I did like him in the Bobby Darin tribute you mentioned. I read where he had indeed been charged with sexual assault in the UK. I believe that the choice to listen to what I want should be MY decision and no one else's. I probably will not listen to him on Pandora although I believe at some point I did hear him in a station my mother listens to. I just don't believe any person or group of persons should try to dictate what others can or can not listen to.

I absolutely agree that Spacey is a sleazy guy. I think many people will own their own choose to not listen to him or watch his films. That's absolutely their right. But it's no one's right to dictate what others can listen to.

Pete4
Local Performer

Like you, I am also appalled by cancel culture, but it’s here to stay, and there is nothing either of us can do about it.  It’s a rule of the game, and I believe that I have properly applied it.

So let’s look at this problem another way:  When I thumbs up Dean Martin, but instead get Kevin Spacey foolishly trying to “act cool” in the background, it ruins the experience.

Leave Kevin Spacey on Pandora, that’s fine with me.  The real issue for me is that songs labeled under one artist’s name should not include another unrelated artist who is undeserving of collecting a royalty.

That’s called data integrity, and has nothing to do with Kevin Spacey.  I hope we can agree on that.