cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Grouping stations manually by genre, mood, etc.

Ideas: Grouping stations manually by genre, mood, etc.

lgrashof
Underground

I probably have 50 stations. I would love it if I could group them by kind: classical, world, French, female vocalists, etc.

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
38 Comments
lgrashof
Underground

I probably have 50 stations. I would love it if I could group them by kind: classical, world, French, female vocalists, etc.

TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hi @lgrashof thanks for the great idea! 👍 Keep'em comin! 🎧

brinkasaurus
Local Performer

Along these lines, it would be nice to be able to create the groups yourself instead of only grouping by genre or something. For example, I have several stations that I like to listen to while at work because they're generally more instrumental with fewer words, so it isn't distracting. It would be awesome if I could listen to all of these stations but not any others. On top of this, it would be wonderful if stations could appear in multiple folders (something like the folders just containing pointers/references to stations so that thumbs and other changes to a station occur in all folders that a station is in, maybe?) so that I could have a folder for listening in the car, for the kids, at work, etc without having to add a new identical station into multiple folders.

jacox66
Local Performer

Would sure like to be able to sort my stations into Multiple Folders! By Genre and/or other criteria I would determine, like: My Favs (and I could put whatever I wanted to in it), Workouts Music (put all the stations in I like for working out). Would want to put stations into multiple folders.

Thank you!

Jennifer

Daemon
Local Performer

Upvote

scottmreis
Local Performer

Hey Pandora, let me first say that I've been using the service now for almost 20 years, use it nearly every day (especially when in long OR cases - it's so much better than Spotify or other remade playlist services, because I never get repeats!), and absolutely love it.

One feature that would be great is the ability to organize stations into folders/tags/etc. I have so many station created over the years that it's hard to scroll through the 100+ quickly and pick one that I sound good. If there were a way to organize the stations into folders (Rock, Classic Rock, Hip Hop, BBQ stations, custom mixes, Country, etc) or even just be able to add similar tags to the stations to allow filtering and narrowing down to what i want to listen to (since I never really know, it's a spur of the moment decision when I'm scrolling through) that would make the program even better and more superior than its competitors!

Thanks and happy to give further clarification if needed. I've google and there are other similar requests on blogs and online, so I know I'm not the only one to really want this feature added. I'm no programmer, but imagine it would be very easy and straightforward to at least add the ability to tag stations and filter based on tags (folders I bet would be a bit more tricky to add but maybe not). Thanks again and keep on rocking!

TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hi @scottmreis thanks so much for posting and for your support after all these years!💛We love hearing from our listeners who enjoy Pandora just as much as we do!

I noticed that we have a similar FR and moved your post over to join it. Please be sure to ❤️,  the more votes an idea gets the more likely that it will be looked at for our roadmap. 

Thanks so much for being part of community and I hope to see you around more. 🎧

Mike-G
Local Performer

I was about to create a similar suggestion because I didn't initially see this one.  I'm surprised that this isn't the most requested feature by a large margin.  I use Pandora primarily in my automobile via Android Auto and manually browsing my stations can be a real chore.

Simply allowing users to create folders to organize stations would be a game changer for the Pandora service.

kathyhandler
Local Performer

I would also like to be able to group my music into my own personal collections so when I click on that collection the stations I have already saved to it will play.  

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kathyhandler I moved your post to this existing feature request since you had a similar suggestion.

Make sure to give this post a ❤️to express your interest in getting it added to the service as well.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 😎