cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Higher Audio Quality

Ideas: Higher Audio Quality

pboser
Underground

How about higher audio quality?  Amazon has introduced this feature, and others have been ahead of Pandora as well.  It would be great to have the Genome Project advantage with higher audio quality.  Do others agree?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
284 Comments
ashwanta
Local Performer

Yes, please.  Thank you for adding this suggestion, fellow Pandora user!

Aqualung812
Local Performer

I've had a Pandora account since 2008, and have been a plus subscriber multiple times. 

I recently stopped using Pandora when the audio quality difference was so noticeable compared to Apple Music and Spotify on my Sonos. 

I just cancelled Spotify because of their support for Joe Rogan, and was eager to come back to Pandora, but I see this still isn't fixed.

You don't need to do lossless, Pandora, or even ATMOS. Just get the bitrate for AAC up to around 320k and you'd get me back. 

Limey
Local Performer

It's odd that I can get 5.1 surround from Pandora's web site when I connect with a browser but not the Pandora Player.  My experience is that the old Pandora Player that used the Aadobe Air framework would play on surround channels but the new player which is a downgrade in many aspects will not.

MarkMusic
Local Performer
The fact that after all this time that this thread has existed
Pandora has not posted a single response says they truly dont care.
Scrizz
Local Performer

Oooof 😞

10char

freddiep7
Local Performer

Yeah Pandora, are you even going to respond?

AlanE
Local Performer

Yes, please, this shouldn’t even be a conversation anymore. Amazon just took over the #2 spot from Pandora for music streamers. Start regaining all your lost users back, and stop the rest of us from leaving. 

What will it take??

VegasBlaxican
Local Performer

When will Pandora offer High Def?

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @VegasBlaxican. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing feature request: Higher Audio Quality

If you'd like to see a higher audio quality offered with Pandora, feel free to upvote this existing idea by clicking on the 💙icon next to the title of the suggestion.

For more information about current audio quality on Pandora, please check out this article: Audio Quality

Hope to see you around the community space more often. 🎧

chulohock
Underground

HE-AAC is what iHeartRadio uses and even that sounds better than Pandora.