cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Higher Audio Quality

Ideas: Higher Audio Quality

pboser
Underground

How about higher audio quality?  Amazon has introduced this feature, and others have been ahead of Pandora as well.  It would be great to have the Genome Project advantage with higher audio quality.  Do others agree?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
284 Comments
MarkMusic
Local Performer
Like Twitter, Pandora's management is too incompetent to give a
**ahem**. Maybe Elon Musk will buy Pandora and fix it 😄
Ivanator
Local Performer

we need 5.1 audio.... 

Isaac540
Local Performer

Pandora music suggestions is one of the best among  the others.  I tried Spotify and its music recommendation was so horrible, I cancelled my subscription in less than a month and went back to Pandora premium. However, the sound quality of Spotify is unmatched in comparison to Pandora.

Also, Pandora is so much better to use and navigate.  And the ability to like or dislike music is one of the important feature I like about Pandora and find it very useful. Spotify does not have that and it regularly suggests musics I would never ever like to listen to.

The only things the Pandora needs is to increase the quality of its sound, and I will be staying as member for many years to come.

Come on Pandora, offer music at 256 kbps!!!

MarkMusic
Local Performer
and what you just said is the SAME exact thing most other have said.
amazes me that Pandora could crush the competition but chooses not to.

I own my own business and work at home... I work my **ahem** off 8-12 hours a day.

I could only imaging being able to get a $million salary doing
NOTHING like these execs of these companies do... LAZY!
SMR
Underground

I have moved on. I initially disliked Apple Music, but they have made great strides and now have a great service: outstanding sound quality, spatial audio, deep catalog, decent suggestions (not quite as good as Pandora was, but Apple keeps getting better). Too bad Pandora gave up, but that's history now. Farewell.

rktchip
Underground

Yup, 2023 is the year to #byebyepandora.  Miss you. Hope you dream about me while I'm out enjoying life and listening to higher quality music. Your low bitrate was toxic to our relationship. Ciao!

gopikrsna925
Local Performer

I'd love anything over 256 kbps but ideally 320 kbps.

chulohock
Underground
It would be nice but it's obvious they are not listening!

Get Outlook for Android<>
Nurseman1
Opening Act

I switched to streaming Pandora via HDMI ARC on my smart TV from an optical/toslink connection and the audio quality noticeably improved.

I listen to Pandora in stereo 2.0 using an AVR, all quality components.

I totally agree that the overall streaming audio should be upgraded.  It is time.  Hope the Pandora honchos agree.

Bigfish
Local Performer

I always playing Pandora on my Roku sound system but it is not 5.1 so the sound quality is not good. When do you expect to provide 5.1 on Roku?