cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Show current station playing when in Shuffle mode

Ideas: Show current station playing when in Shuffle mode

William_DeMasi
Underground

Identify the source channel for the song currently playing in Shuffle mode.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
67 Comments
SallyM
Local Performer

I totally agree.  It seems like a no brainer and should be a given.  My stations are all messed up because I thumbs up or down a song to the wrong station.  Scrolling down to find the station is a major inconvienence 

garperclan
Local Performer

Where on the now playing screen does it show which station is playing while shuffling on a desktop? I don't see it.

Jodabu1
Opening Act

If shuffling stations, the station that the song is playing from will show up in the now playing screen, beneath the search bar if you scroll all the way down to where the list of similar artists comes into view. After you scroll down enough, playing from will show up just beneath the search bar.

See my screenshot.

Screen Shot 2022-11-04 at 1.16.24 PM.png

Jodabu1
Opening Act

Again, you can only see this on the now playing screen from a desktop. On mobile, sometimes it'll show in the "My Collection" tab in the Recently Played area. Sometimes the recently played area shows the "Shuffle" is what's playing. Other times it doesn't update at all. It's very inconsistent. This is on Android.

Regardless, there's no way to know when playing in the car on Android Auto, or from Sonos in you house. The ability to see what station a song is playing from in these other platforms just doesn't exist.

sgginc
Opening Act

This appears solved with text readability issue.

In the Now Playing page scroll down 1/2 way.

All the song information will appear near the top.

Thanks... Ken

tc-tunes
Opening Act

Agreed with Jodabu1.  On Android mobile I only see Recently Played = Shuffle Station. My S21 has the latest Verizon system 28 updates and Pandora app is current too

Jodabu1
Opening Act

@sgginc  sorry, not so on my account. All I see from the now playing screen if I scroll down is the artist and the album the song is from, not the station it was generated from. So, I have no idea if it's from my 90's Alternative Mix or from some other station that I have created.

Jodabu1
Opening Act

To clarify, I'm referring to the mobile/android interface experience.

tc-tunes
Opening Act

This has been brought up on a number of different posts over the years and still appears to be broken.  Uninstalled and reinstalled app.  As new songs come up on 'Shuffle Station' I have no idea by looking at 'Recently Played' what station the new song is derived.  

So by doing thumbs up it either muddies stations I want specific content or no thumbs up results in not capturing a great song.

BTW:  This function works perfectly on the desktop but like most would be nice to do on the go!!

tc-tunes
Opening Act

I see my 'bug' was moved to this thread as 'new feature'.   It's not a new feature as on Android 'Recently played' is visible when on station shuffle.   The issue is that 'Recently played' doesn't update or update during/after each song.   This is on the 'For You' tab that also includes fresh picks, browse by category, etc.