cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Lock for creating new stations on Alexa & Google

Ideas: Lock for creating new stations on Alexa & Google

m_alvare5
Underground

Hi everyone.  I'm super annoyed with Alexa creating a new station everytime it misunderstands what we requested.  It creates dozens of new stations every week and adds it to My Collection.  We need a way to prevent this behavior.  Maybe a lock mechanism where you need a three digit pin number to create a new station, that way Alexa or the kids won't create stations I don't want.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
155 Comments
t_piro
Local Performer

Pandora needs a "lock down" or "do not add any more stations" feature in "my collection" on the Pandora web site station list so if a mistake is made requesting a wrong station on the Facebook Portal voice command "hey portal" (connected to Pandora), it does not add to the Pandora "my collection " list. You have to constantly go in and delete the odd ball stations

TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hi @t_piro thanks for posting to community! 🎧 

I'm moved your post to our Feature Request board - this is the best place to let us know your feedback and to post new ideas that you'd like to see on Pandora. 

Feel free to take a look around and be sure to 'like' ❤️ those ideas you want to see. 

Hope to see you around community more! 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hey, @m_alvare5! 👋

Thanks so much for being apart of the community, and for sharing your idea!

schutzenfester
Local Performer

I also do not like Pandora making stations merely due to a song request. I would like the ability to make this not happen. I like to be able to ask for a song but I do not want a station created from this request. I only want to be able to create stations. 

With Pandora creating stations from single song requests my station list has become bloated and I am required to edit/delete many stations on a regular basis, this is frustrating, to say the least.

ItsJustJon
Local Performer

Easily the most annoying thing about Pandora right now.

mrunge340
Local Performer

This needs to be fixed. Alexa should not be about to create new stations unless explicitly requested.

RichardDavies
Local Performer

This. Make it so already! I'm tired of having to manually delete 50 new stations every month or so that are created from my kids asking Alexa to play a random song.

Crlaozwyn
Local Performer

Yep. Worst "feature" ever. I've deleted hundreds of stations created accidentally. Unless I ask you to create a station, I don't want you to create a station.

alanyst
Local Performer

Adding my voice to this request. Stations are a curation of one's musical tastes. It takes effort to manage the list of stations so you know what you're getting. Automatically adding stations undermines this effort and is very frustrating to the account owner.

And in some environments (like my car's audio system), a large list of stations is very difficult to navigate to find a desired one.

Don't create a station unless it's specifically requested.

Mosey
Local Performer

I agree, especially as Alexa doesn't always hear what I'm saying correctly.