cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log out other users on account

Log out other users on account

overthemoon
Opening Act

Please add a functionality to forcefully log out other users on my account. I've noticed that resetting the password doesn't always do the trick and I'll continue to get the "someone else listening" message.

374 Comments
HughKnowWho
Local Performer

I wholeheartedly endorse this suggestion. This afternoon I got the "Someone else is using your account" message, and as I am the only one who ever uses it and 99.9% of my use is on one device, so at best the message is of dubious veracity. If someone has hacked the account, I should at least be able to see what devices are associated so I can kill the interlopers.

jeremy250
Local Performer

bump bump bump.  Please do this

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@HughKnowWho Since it sounds like you are running into issues with an unauthorized user, I've gone ahead and removed all the devices associated with your Pandora account. This will automatically sign you out everywhere including any devices you currently have, so you will need to sign back in once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

You will now need to change your password to something new as well.

Click here to request a password reset and make sure to enter the email address associated with the Pandora account you'd like to access.

• Next check the Inbox associated with that email address in order to continue through the password reset process.
  • If you don't see the message in your Inbox, please check your Spam or Junk folder.

Hope this helps!

WickedBastid
Underground

Why is this still not a feature, 2 and a half years later? It's something nearly all other streaming services offer.

I ask that question somewhat facetiously - I used to handle Idea requests for a SaaS company, and I know that Dev/Product teams are pushed to work on new money-making features vs. fixing glaring issues with their product. Good old capitalism putting money first, and customers last.

WickedBastid
Underground

Why is this still not an option, 2 and a half years later?

And why was my previous comment deleted as "spam?" It was not spam. It was a comment on how SaaS companies operate, from direct experience. I was a Community admin who handled Ideas that were largely ignored, despite our most loyal customers constantly screaming about them for literally years.

Do better, mods. It's okay, even necessary, for negative feedback to exist in your community.

Chickenhawk
Local Performer

This has been an ongoing issue for years already. Sometimes it resolves for a stint of time. But always ends up being an issue again. I pay for premium services, and I'm paying for someone else to be on my account against my will. It sure would be nice to be able to enjoy the services I pay for, without someone else butting in. Please fix this issue. 

blackbox
Local Performer

Please add this. I recently logging into pandora at a rental and didn't sign out when I left. It's insane I'm not able to remove this device from my account remotely.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@blackbox Since it sounds like you are running into issues with an unauthorized user, I've gone ahead and removed all the devices associated with your Pandora account. This will automatically sign you out everywhere including any devices you currently have, so you will need to sign back in once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

You will now need to change your password to something new as well.

Click here to request a password reset and make sure to enter the email address associated with the Pandora account you'd like to access.

• Next check the Inbox associated with that email address in order to continue through the password reset process.
  • If you don't see the message in your Inbox, please check your Spam or Junk folder.

Hope this helps!

Clybourn69
Local Performer

I agree that this would be very helpful and would improve the overall quality of the service

metsouthdesign
Local Performer

I have now cancelled my Pandora subscription because of their disinterest in/inability to address this issue and switched to Apple Music.