cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Disable auto-generated playlists and stations

Ideas: Disable auto-generated playlists and stations

vreeland81
Underground

I would like the option of choosing whether or not Pandora generates thumbs up playlists. Can this please be a feature a user has the option of turning on or off? While I can see that other uses like it, I personally don't want to generate tens or hundreds of other playlists. Then it just makes my playlist list long and crowded and I have trouble finding what I'm looking for. This is also when I start to think Spotify has a much better user interface. 

Labels (1)
29 Comments
JessieLoser
Local Performer

Please add a toggle. This is so annoying. If I wanted to listen to my thumbs up songs then I would. I like to keep my station variety wide and these playlists are making me have to dig to find my stations. Yes I can delete them but I should have to considering I didn't make them!

Jorborbffaa
Local Performer

I agree, I'm a fan of Pandora specifically because it's NOT like Spotify. I don't want playlists, I want radio stations. At least give us an option to turn off automatic Playlist creation. I just delete all of the playlists. 

edeoliveira
Local Performer

+1

An app that does something unsolicited is annoying.

An app that does something annoying which results in a crappy user experience should either be a fireable offense, or an immediate revert to the previous version

Autogenerated playlists create really annoying clutter and confusion. The response to delete them is tone deaf: "Dear User, please invest your time in manual tedium to cleanse the polluted entertainment experience we served to you."

BEJ1031
Local Performer

I don't like playlists.  There are 35 that have been created in my collection primarily under thumbs up. I like random order playback otherwise I should just listen to all the cassettes I recorded over the years of my life. Thankfully I have been able to digitize them so that the 1200+ songs I have can play in shuffled format.  I don't pay for pandora premium to start a station and know what song is going to play next. I have seen a shuffle option but haven't found it to work from my galaxy s21 ultra. I also cannot delete stations on my phone in the app; have to go to my pc and delete from chrome browser.. otherwise I love pandora premium!

I really like your idea. 

Take care and stay safe. 

StDrahcir
Local Performer

As everyone else has said... please put something in place so this feature can be disabled.  It is super annoying having tons of little playlists of like 20ish+ songs.  My playlists are far bigger and fewer.  I don't want to have a ton of little ones.

MusicFan0092
Local Performer

Stop automatically adding stations! Every time I ask google to play a song or station and it screws up, which is often, it automatically adds this as a station and I have to manually go in and delete thee every so often. Why? And this has been going on for years! There are enough people complaining why don't you just take this off? I too have been a paying member for many many years and it isn't going to be long before I just use something else.

Moderator Edit: Format

raelashae
Local Performer

PLEASE create an account setting or some other option to disable the automatic thumbs up playlist.  I don't want another auto-generated collection each time I hit thumbs up on a random station I'm listening to at the time.  Adding to my liked songs list is all I want...not a new playlist by station.

sslatten
Local Performer

I absolutely hate Pandora changing the songs it plays on the station I have created.  How do we get it back to the way it was before!