cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: App for Garmin devices

Ideas: App for Garmin devices

kellyjdahlke
Underground

I just purchased a Garmin Forerunner 245 Music and was so disappointed that Spotify has an app for Garmin but Pandora does not. When I started running, I specifically chose Pandora premium because I prefer you over Spotify. I had to purchase a Spotify premium account so that I can listen to music on my new running watch. Please create a Garmin compatible app so that I don't have to completely switch to Spotify. Thanks! 

Labels (1)
90 Comments
TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hi @kellyjdahlke Thanks for posting and for the great suggestion! 

Ericr
Local Performer

Echo this, we need a Garmin app for Forerunners!

thedrwalker
Local Performer

Ditto! I'm really disappointed Pandora didn't have an app for Garmin. I don't want to have to cancel my Pandora premium that knows my music preferences to get Spotify...🤷🏻‍♀️

AMoeller88
Local Performer
I 1000% agree, I have been using Pandora for years and dont want to switch. I had to switch watches, as Fitbit was just **ahem** and i was replacing the device every 8 - 10 months. Please make it for Garmin, so we all can enjoy music again.
Chopath
Local Performer

Yes .....this would seriously increase the runners that use Pandora!  

Chopath
Local Performer

Is there a plan to develop an app for Garmin devices?  There is a significant number of runners that would want this support.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hey, @Chopath. 👋

I moved your post over to the Feature Request board to keep the community organized. I'm sure others would be interested in this option as you've mentioned. 

In the meantime, the devices we currently support can be found here.

Be sure to search for your suggestion on the main Feature Request page, and click on the ❤️icon next to the title to express your interest.

Thanks for posting on the community!  🎶

AKCat
Local Performer

Agreed! I'm looking at upgrading my fitness tracker to a Garmin watch and love the idea of getting one that stores music ( either the Vivoactive 3 music or Forerunner 245 music) but don't want to pay that much money for a watch with music that I can't even use my preferred streaming service with. I love using Pandora for workouts for the variation keeping me from getting bored with a playlist and would love to be able to get in on my watch and ditch the phone!

WEGIII
Local Performer
I'm in the same boat. I am now looking at Amazon Music or Spotify and really dont want to leave Pandora and all our history!
johnswen
Local Performer

Ditto here. I'm a longtime Pandora premium user and also a longtime Garmin Forerunner watch user and runner. Either Pandora comes out with a Garmin app soon or I'm going to drop my Pandora family account for all four members of my family and switch us all to Spotify.

A Pandora app that works with Garmin watches is no longer a "nice to have" wishlist feature, it's essential.