cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Restore offline downloads after reinstallation

Ideas: Restore offline downloads after reinstallation

overthemoon
Opening Act

Can y'all add a prompt asking listeners if they want to restore downloads after reintsalling the app or clearing app data? It really stinks to go through and manually redownload all my offline content.

Labels (2)
20 Comments
AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

JordanKeoto
Opening Act

I find it insane that the option to bulk download your music after reinstalling the app or getting a new device isn't already a feature. You would think that would be such an obvious thing to have quickly made from the beginning. I've had Pandora since 2009, imagine if I had to download every artist and every song all over again every time i get a new phone or lose one or reinstall the app. This shouldn't even have to be asked for in this forum it should be an obvious add.

chrisrsabo
Local Performer

Yeah I agree Im super bummed right now that all my music collection is gone and cant be redownloaded easily after my credit card # changed and my subcscription cancelled without me noticing. LAME!!

Rezeye
Local Performer

I can't listen to my downloads when offline

Rezeye
Local Performer

@overthemoon wrote:

Can y'all add a prompt asking listeners if they want to restore downloads after reintsalling the app or clearing app data? It really stinks to go through and manually redownload all my offline content.

JordanKeoto
Opening Act

Commenting so it's back on top and viewable. This should be an obvious add, Pandora has added 2 features out of almost 200 post. Lazy developers are lazy 

shjzbaker
Local Performer

Agree.  Crazy that you can’t download automatically with new device or change in plan. Please fix. 

@overthemoon wrote:

•  
theyogastudent
Local Performer

If I turn off my iPhone and then turn it back on, Pandora won't let me login to the app unless I am connected to Wifi. Not good enough to allow the app to use cellular data; it must be connected to Wifi to log back in. The app also deletes all of my downloads if I have restarted my iPhone outside of Wifi. I need to be able to turn my iPhone OFF everyday while I'm at work for safety reasons, but I would really like to be able to log in and have music for my commute home. Why does the app require that you log in using Wifi? and also delete all downloads with a phone restart? If this doesn't change, I will be switching to Spotify in June when my subscription ends.

TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hi @theyogastudent thanks for taking the time to report your feedback on this, we really appreciate it.

I'd like to gather more information about your experience, and also the model and year of your iPhone and your Pandora version. Feel free to ping me with @TannerPandora in the comment section of this post. 

Thanks! 👍

JordanKeoto
Opening Act

2 ideas closed but this still isn't happening?