Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Ability to preview a station before collecting it

Ideas: Ability to preview a station before collecting it

Madrooster7
Opening Act
0 Kudos

Seriously, your **ahem** ux design is the biggest thing holding you back. This app is designed to disincentivize exploration and force users into top 40!

I never, ever, ever, ever want anything automatically added to my collection.

No, this is not hacking, it is a broken piece of ux design.

Moderator Edit: Merged comments, Edited format

Labels (1)
4 Comments
AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Madrooster7 Did you happen to receive a push notification to your mobile device recommending a station to listen to this weekend?

If so, when tapping on those notifications, the station being recommended will get added to your collection.

Let me know.

Madrooster7
Opening Act

No, i have push notifications turned off, and this has nothing to do with this issue. 

Every time you hit play on any artist name, it automatically saves a station.  Unacceptable.  Any time you hit a thumbs on anything that happens to be on autoplay, it automatically creates a station.  Unacceptable.  Any time you play (and always regret playing) any Pandora created station, it automatically adds it.  Seriously this is one of the Worst UX designs in in the history of mankind.

However, in my experience, all recommendations I've gotten from Pandora have been stuff that are the furthest thing from anything I would enjoy.  I would appreciate REAL recommendations, but this is a neverending spew of the worst there is to offer.

Though part of this problem in my case could be solved by another simple thing you have failed to solve for years, and that would be the ability to partition user accounts  I have to check out a lot of bad music as research for work, but Pandora's tone deaf lack of common sense means I then have to get buried in garbage even if I'm trying to listen on my own time.

Moderator Edit: Merged comments and format

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Madrooster7 Thanks for clarifying that with me.

Since there isn't currently a way to prevent a station from automatically getting added to your collection, I went ahead and moved your post over to the Ideas board. 

This will give others around the Community the chance to upvote your idea if it's something they are interested in seeing as well.

We appreciate your feedback around this!

TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hi @Madrooster7 

Thanks for your post. While this is currently not a feature, we're always looking to improve. The status of your post has been updated to Open Ideas.