Ideas: Ability to search and sort within personalized playlists

Dunk1990
Underground

Search for songs and artists within your playlist on mobile and desktop

Labels (2)
35 Comments
trjonas
Opening Act

I second this idea! It would be awesome to have the ability to search for a song specifically within our own playlists. (For me, the reason I would request this feature is not so I can eliminate duplicate songs, but to find a song I really like but can't remember which playlist I put it on.)

However, I disagree with the negative comments about Pandora's support. I feel like they do a really excellent job and go the extra mile to help individual users. They have saved me on more than occasion. There are 246 open ideas right now and they aren't going to be able to get to them all in one minute. Pandora Premium is an amazing bargain for what we already get!

warrwirr
Underground

@trjonas: The roots of this thread go back to late 2019. So you can count 365 x 4 x 24 x 60 >>> about 2.000.000 minutes of waiting time for a relative simple task. I don't have to be a notorious complainer if I think this period of time is too long.

fosgate3
Opening Act

"I feel like they do a really excellent job and go the extra mile to help individual users."

Is that why this request has been going for almost 4 years now with no efforts made to make it possible to do what the users want and with no end in sight?

trjonas
Opening Act

I'm so sorry - I didn't mean this against anyone personally! I definitely don't think anyone is a notorious complainer. I just mean they have saved me on more than one occasion and I am grateful to them for offering this level of support. Many other companies don't offer this level of support and it doesn't even seem to occur to them that they should. 

I do feel you when you say 2019 seems like a long time, but on the other hand, that would be to assume that this feature request is at the top of the list. But to the other 245 feature requesters, *theirs* surely feels like it should at the top of the list. 246 feature changes is a lot of work and a lot of time and a lot of staff.

I mean, don't get me wrong: I would like this feature too, otherwise I wouldn't even be on this string! I guess I feel like this: we're already enjoying an incredible value with the features we already have; let's enjoy those in the meantime and hopefully they'll be able to implement this soon. 

JimmyPie
Underground

There are many basic features, such as this one, that other services like Spotify and Tidal offer, that this one does not.  It is ridiculous.  It does not seem like Pandora adds many of these requests.