cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Creating a radio based on genome instead of artist/song

Ideas: Creating a radio based on genome instead of artist/song

justwil89
Underground

When I hear a song I like, I've always enjoyed peeking at the genome descriptors, especially when some of the more unusual descriptors pop up like "angular melodies," "great lyrics," etc. I think it would be really fun way to discover music if users could create radio stations based on particular genome descriptors instead of a particular artist/song choice, just to see what surprises come up. Just a thought.

5 Comments
TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hi @justwil89!

Thanks taking the time to post your idea! The status of your post is now Open Ideas.

Hope to see you around community more!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is a fun idea, @justwil89. 👍

SirOssis
Local Performer

I think Pandora has just given up on innovation after the SirusXM merger. The idea that you can't create a station from a playlist is INSANE, this would be so easy to do.

Your idea is the main reason why Pandora was so GREAT at finding new music (far better than any other) but I digress Pandora is just about trying to make money now. 

justwil89
Underground

@SirOssis, I can definitely see your point. It doesn't seem like much has changed aside from the artist only/deep cut options. But, hey, maybe Pandora will prove us wrong and break the internet with its new Genome Radio. 😀

DMVDan
Underground

I love this idea.