cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Exclude Live performances or remixed versions of songs

Ideas: Exclude Live performances or remixed versions of songs

KingCityDJ
Underground

Am I the only one who thinks we should have a way to exclude live performances from our listening experience? Make this happen.

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
90 Comments
LK82
Local Performer

If an original version of a song is no longer available on Pandora for whatever reason, they should gray that song out on your playlist.

Instead they replace the original track with some awful re-recorded version.  This has ruined just about every playlist I've made on Pandora.  It's almost not worth fixing because at a glance, you can't tell what's changed.

My spouse is an employee, so my service is free.  If I paid for Pandora, I would have switched services with zero hesitation a long time ago.  Gotta fix this and keep the original tracks where you can.  It's like listening to karaoke covers sometimes!

RyanKuc2019
Opening Act

I would like to see a feature where you can just hear the studio version of songs on stations. To many times the song that plays is not the studio version but the live version of the song.

it_is_me
Local Performer

Please add this feature that was requested many years ago! It seems that there are more and more live versions or remixes of late and it's not a pleasant listening experience. 

Aeryck13
Local Performer

I've been thinking about this for years. Seems every time I vice search a song in my car, I get the live/in-concert version. I hate it. Live music **ahem** when you're at the concert, I certainly don't want to have to listen to the crowd in my car... PLEASE HELP! 

-GJ

Mx325
Local Performer

I hate live recordings. If i wanna hear a live version I'll go see the show in person!  I've told Google to play certain songs on Pandora and they ALWAYS play the live version. Yuck!

Geo3601
Local Performer

There are 4 years of people complaining about live versions with Pandora doing nothing about it. Whats the deal?

I want ZERO live versions of anything. There is nothing worse than rocking out in your car, a song ends, and a live version starts blowing out your eardrums with all the screaming an nonsense that starts a live track.

clossr
Local Performer

Please add a feature to not play live songs! I don't like them

ShelT
Local Performer

I would like to add my vote for this feature! Looks like many years of support. Has this not come to fruition yet???? 

rodeo40
Local Performer

It is pretty clear we want the ability to filter live and alternative cuts of a song. Pandora?

jlp78
Local Performer

Pandora support is still saying that people should come here and upvote this thread if we want this feature.  This thread has been here for five years and has nine pages of comments.

I don't know what it will take to get them to implement this.  It may be technically difficult if their catalog doesn't include an indicator of these factors, but I would settle for a way to filter out any song that contains the word "live" in the title.  While this may cause me to miss a song that legitimately contains the word in it's title, it would still help avoid the variants I don't want to hear.