cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Higher Audio Quality

Ideas: Higher Audio Quality

pboser
Underground

How about higher audio quality?  Amazon has introduced this feature, and others have been ahead of Pandora as well.  It would be great to have the Genome Project advantage with higher audio quality.  Do others agree?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
285 Comments
freddiep7
Local Performer
I would not pay for a subscription to Pandora! quality is subpart, i use them to get song names and then add them to my playlist for my paid service
chulohock
Underground
Yeah I'm no longer a subscriber.

Get Outlook for Android<>
Captkaos2211
Underground

This has been an open topic for a long time I have been a subscriber for a long time I would really appreciate any reassurance that you actually care Pandora ....

chulohock
Underground

There is no way that they care about this matter. 

Willscary
Local Performer
It is okay though. Everyday, Amazon music has a better and better algorithm for what they call my soundtrack. After 23 months of use it is getting much better at predicting songs that I will like.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
chulohock
Underground

Yeah I'll have to check out Amazon Music again. I've been using Apple Music, Tidal, Deezer and Qobuz. All of which offer higher bit rate streaming. Thanks for the tip!

Captkaos2211
Underground

The fact it's two years old with 400+ likes and 276 comments says everything I need to know thanks for nothing Pandora.... Lost another 10 year subscriber

chulohock
Underground

I'm currently trying LiveOne by Slacker, Inc.

There's a free radio tier with ads. I listened to one short ad and was able to listen for one hour uninterrupted. Not sure of the ongoing free experience though since I quickly subscribed at the low cost Plus tier to eliminate ads.

You can get higher bit rates up to 320 kbps at the low price Plus subscription tier - even less if paid annually. There's also an on demand option available.

Just sharing what seems to be a good alternative. I'm not affiliated with LiveOne in any capacity.

Happy listening! 😁

mcmusic
Local Performer

You all need to leave.  Pandora will not change. My annual family subscription was up and I’m trying Apple Music free and the algorithm is great maybe better than Pandora now!

I have been a paying Pandora member for years. No more and goodbye.

Tred
Local Performer

I agree with all the posts about hi res streaming from Pandora. I use the free service often because the genome puts together the best mixes of a particular song or artist by far but I will not pay unless the music is high quality because I have nice home equipment that demands hi res to really hear the music. I have used Qobuz which I love for quality but stinks at making Playlists. I've used Amazon HQ, Apple, Tidal, Spotify(too low res) and even Deezer. It's frustrating because Pandora is still the best at mixes but I will not pay for lo res streaming. Pandora, if you start streaming in High res I will pay.