cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Notification for duplicate songs within playlists on web

Ideas: Notification for duplicate songs within playlists on web

Peterwwjd
Underground

I sometimes forget that I have a song already in a playlist and when I add a song already in my playlist it will duplicate it and not let me know its already in a specific  playlist I am choosing to add it.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
119 Comments
underdog10
Underground

Couldn't have said it better myself - you developers over there on hiatus?

FinReal
Local Performer

I've found the phone app won't allow duplicate songs added. I am a software developer and designed a new interface and api for this among other features that I want. I just need time and/or money to finish it.

FinReal
Local Performer

I tried to gain API access through their developer portal but apparently they aren't accepting any applications at this time. They don't seem to have a single developer and zero ability to have people work for free through their developer API. I was going to make a new GUI and use a database to manage my own playlist and share the app when it was done, but no dice. They could just hire my company but it seems like they try to spend nothing on developers. I don't even know the last time I saw a real update to Pandora. They're gonna start losing customers if they keep it up this way.

kkoyle
Underground

Agreed - they'll start losing customers, including me. It's really frustrating that they have just settled the app into a state of neglect, and they won't bother with simple updates to retain customers. There are so many better options out there now. It's a nuisance to have to switch, but given the fact that Pandora has no interest in retaining customers, it really doesn't make sense for customers to stay.

ky_ramirez
Local Performer

Desperately hoping to see an option to bulk-delete duplicate songs on a playlist! I've had Pandora for years and it's tedious trying to clean up a large playlist...here's wishing 
Thanks, Kim

evolvehbc
Local Performer

Either make it so we can search our playlist or have a notification that tells us a song is already on our playlist so we don't have a song on it several times.

Sweettooth187
Local Performer

It's pretty sad that as great as their service is, the interface is shockingly lacking. How is something so simple still not a feature??

wisepeppy
Diamond in the Rough

Desktop app as well!  This feature exists on the mobile app... as a general rule, any feature present on one app/platform should exist on all apps.

builditj
Local Performer

Hello,

I've got multiple large playlists.  I've found that many of them contain duplicate songs. 

How do I search for and remove duplicate songs from my playlists?

Is there an automatic way to do this?

Why does the add to song to playlist option no longer warn me when I've got a duplicate song?  In the past, it would say: "Duplicate song, add anyway?"

Specs:

Pandora in Browser

macOS 14.2.1

Microsoft Edge for Business Version 120.0.2210.121 (Official build) (x86_64)

Thanks,

Joshua S.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@builditj I moved your post over to this existing thread: Ideas: Notification for duplicate songs within playlists on web

While this is not currently a feature, I recommend upvoting this Idea with a ❤️ if you'd like to see the option added to Pandora.

In the meantime, you will need to manually delete each duplicate track from your playlist in order for them to be removed.

Hope this helps clarify.