Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Thumb Lists

Ideas: Thumb Lists

ghurlbert
Local Performer
0 Kudos

It would be very helpful to see the list of *all* my thumbs down songs without having do look through every station individually. Over time, I have many such songs accidentally rated as such and, with 100+ stations, it would take an excessively long time to go through each of them individually to search for such songs. It would be a trivial piece of code for Pandora to write that would allow the user to see their complete list of thumbs down tracks, just like exists for thumbs up tracks, and it would furthermore be simple to allow for users to delete songs from those lists directly, without having to go to their specific stations.  Both of these implementations would be exceedingly helpful.  Is this a possibility?

Labels (1)
4 Comments
AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Thanks so much for sharing your idea! 💡

Hope to see you around the community space more often! 🎧

wisepeppy
Diamond in the Rough

The only purpose of a thumbed down track is to tune a particular station, so there's no context outside of an individual station where such a list would be relevant. Up thumbs drive your thumbprint playlist and thumbprint radio, so those do have relevance outside of a particular station. 

Kizmando
Local Performer

i would also like to see this implemented, or at least get the loading times correct...

when i try to click play and then it turns out the app wasnt completely loaded, the thumbs down button ends up in the exact same location as where the play button was when i tried to click on it, thus i end up clicking on the downvote option instead of the play button due to faulty programming, please make a fix for both of these, but if that is too much work, at least fix one of these problems

Nitsa
Local Performer

I totally agree and I seem to recall this functionality was part of Pandora at one point because I know I've done it before, which is why it's so frustrating now to learn that you can't - as the author of this idea says, I've accidentally thumbs downed things but then don't remember which station and I have waaaay too many to search through every single one. 

And contrary to wisepeppy's comments, if you don't know which station you thumbs downed something on, how can you fine tune it in the future since when you're playing the station you wouldn't know it's excluding certain songs (again unless you checked on every station which is time prohibitive).

Also, if your musical tastes change over time (as they often do) it would be helpful to know across stations which songs you've thumbs downed if you at some point changed your mind/musical tastes.