cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GSOTD (Genre Songs Of The Day) (Clean Only)

genre song of the day_updatedusername.png

Pop: Foolish Games by Jewel.   Foolish Games (LP Version) "Foolish Games"/"You Were Meant for Me" ranked at number 15 on Billboard's All-Time Top 100 and held the record in the Guinness Book of World Records for the longest chart run of a single for "Foolish Games"/"You Were Meant for Me", which charted for 65 weeks. (Side note). This is my favorite overall song, as well as the artist. 

Easy Listening: Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers.  Unchained Melody  The repertoire included some of the Righteous Brothers' best-known songs, such as "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'," "Soul & Inspiration," "Unchained Melody", but also the later "Rock and Roll Heaven", as well as Bill Medley's "The Time of My Life".

Country: Making Believe by Emmylou Harris. Making Believe (2003 Remaster) Emmylou Harris is an American singer, songwriter, and musician. She has released dozens of albums and singles throughout her career and has won 14 Grammys, the Polar Music Prize, and numerous other honors, including induction into the Country Music Hall of Fame. In 2018 she was presented with the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award.

Christian/ Christian Contemporary: How Can It Be by Lauren Daigle.  How Can It Be Lauren Ashley Daigle was born on September 9, 1991. Daigle grew up in Lafayette, Louisiana in an environment of zydeco, Cajun, and blues music.

Rock/ Rock-n-Roll: She Talks To Angels by The Black Crowes.  She Talks To Angels  This is regarded by many as The Black Crowes' best and most well-known song. It hit number one on the US Album Rock Tracks chart and number 70 on the UK Singles Chart in 1991. The eighth track on The Black Crowes ‘ 1990 album Shake Your Money Maker and one of the singles from the album.

download (11).jfif Genre Songs Of The Day (GSOTD)  Updated as of 3/27/24.

Take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska
534 Replies

UncleBud
Chart Topper

@MOHLovesAlaska I just looked Home Free up on Pandora. I didn't know they were a country a cappella group. I collected their station and will start listening to them tomorrow. I really like a cappella groups. I'm quite a fan of discovering new new music and new artists. Thanks!

@UncleBud they are new to you as well!! Awesome, like I stated earlier, I found them by accident just by watching reaction video's on YouTube. @UncleBud if you ever get the chance and needing some laughter in your day, you have got to watch reaction music video's on YouTube, especially the ones that have the Righteous Brothers and Home Free. You will not be at all disappointed. 

Have a great night, take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Wednesday morning (11:55) and by the time I'm finished it will be afternoon, so good Wednesday afternoon as well. Today I will be adding three songs to the GSOTD post and playlist. Enjoy the music.

Instrumental Rock//Punk Rock//Celtic Rock//Folk Rock: We Will Frock You by The Badpiper. We Will Frock You  With over 15 years of professional experience, The Badpiper is the world’s only flame-throwing, punk rock piper. Having circumnavigated the globe over the years with his trusty pipes, covering Canada, the USA, Japan, and Europe, The Badpiper finds himself on home soil in 2010 filled with a renewed energy, attitude, and passion to burn. Spurred on by an appearance and national recognition on the Channel Seven program, Australia’s Got Talent.

Rock//Singer-Songwriter: Invincible by Eddie Vedder. Invincible  Eddie Jerome Vedder (born Edward Louis Severson III; December 23, 1964) is an American musician, multi-instrumentalist, and singer-songwriter, best known as the lead vocalist, one of three guitarists, and the primary lyricist of the American rock band Pearl Jam. He also appeared as a guest vocalist in Temple of the Dog, the one-off tribute band dedicated to the late singer Andrew Wood. Vedder is known for his powerful baritone vocals. He was ranked at number 7 on a list of "Best Lead Singers of All Time", based on a readers' poll compiled by Rolling Stone. In 2007, Vedder released his first solo album as a soundtrack for the film Into the Wild (2007). His second album Ukulele Songs and a live DVD titled Water on the Road were released in 2011. In 2017, Vedder was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of Pearl Jam.

Pop Ballad: Lovely by Billie Eilish & Khalid: Lovely  "Lovely" is a song recorded by American singers Billie Eilish and Khalid. Darkroom and Interscope Records released it as the lead single from the Netflix drama series 13 Reasons Why's second season soundtrack. Eilish and Khalid wrote the song with Eilish's brother, Finneas O'Connell, who produced the track. The song has been described as a chamber pop ballad whose lyrics recount Eilish and Khalid trying to overcome serious depression together. The song also appears on the deluxe version of Eilish's EP Don't Smile at Me.

Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Thursday afternoon, I will be adding three songs to the GSOTD post and playlist. All three songs are brand spanking new, and one of them happens to be by my favorite music artist Jewel. Enjoy the music.

Pop//Singer-songwriter: House On Fire by Mimi Webb. House On Fire (Single)  Amelia Webb, known as Mimi Webb, is a 21-year-old British singer-songwriter on the rise. She began her music career in 2020 with her single “Before I Go,” and she’s gained increasing popularity with a Gen-Z audience thanks to her TikTok account which has more than one million followers. Her latest chart-topper, “House On Fire,” is a catchy breakup song that comes with a harsh warning to an unfaithful boyfriend. House On Fire was released on February 18, 2022.

Pop ballad//Singer-songwriter: I Lost Myself In Loving You by Jamie Miller.  I Lost Myself In Loving You (Single)   “Sometimes getting your heart broken leads to much better things. So, if you’re going through that now, don’t hide it or try and disguise it,” he admits on Instagram. “As much as it **ahem** and makes you feel like **ahem** sometimes, everything you’re feeling now will fade away.” Putting the pain to paper, Jamie Miller recounts the aching memory barbed in pain that has left him profoundly deceived and devastated. I Lost Myself In Loving You was released in January 2022.

Pop-rock//Singer-songwriter: Dancing Slow (Feat. Train) by Jewel. Dancing Slow (feat. Train)  Four-time Grammy-nominated, multi-platinum singer songwriter Jewel announces Freewheelin' Woman, her first new studio album in seven years due out on April 15th via her own Words Matter Music. The new album presents Jewel’s boldest and most unbridled body of work to date, revealing entirely new dimensions of her breathtaking voice. The Alaskan native also shared her brand new single “Dancing Slow,” featuring Train, who she’ll join on their recently announced North American Summer 2022 tour. Kicking off June 8th in Mansfield, MA, the tour makes 35+ stops including New York, Nashville, Dallas, San Diego, and more before concluding on August 6th at the legendary Red Rocks venue in Colorado, Jewel’s home state. Dancing Slow featuring Train was released earlier this month.

Have a great Thursday, take care, and stay safe.

MOHLovesAlaska

UncleBud
Chart Topper

@MOHLovesAlaska I have a Jewel station that is in artist only mode. I haven't heard "Dancing Slow" yet. I'll bet it's good because I like Train too. Thanks for the post.

Good Tuesday evening, I have selected three songs for the GSOTD post and playlist. Enjoy the music. 

Retro Pop: If I Can't Have You by Leona Lewis. If I Can't Have You  "If I Can't Have You" is a disco song written by the Bee Gees in 1977. The song initially appeared on the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack in a version by Yvonne Elliman, released in November 1977. The Bee Gees' own version appeared a month later as the B-side of "Stayin' Alive". It was co-written by Barry Gibb along with his brother Maurice Gibb. Leona Lewis's cover of the Bee-Gees was released in December 2021. 

Alternative Rock: 2 Heads by Coleman Hell. 2 Heads  “It is said that 2 heads are better than one.” Coleman Hell, the singer-songwriter, argues that if the heads are not nodding in the same metaphorical direction, then they could be creating a monster. A defining feature of this song is the blend of electronic and pop elements, along with the unmistakable banjo riff.

Electronic music//Alternative Rock: Keep It by Queens. Keep It  Queens is a Polish girl trio formed in February 2005 by Polish Music Agency. The group is one of the best-known girl bands in Poland. After a minor success with their debut album, the group started touring, but illnesses caused several shows to be canceled. The group was then recast, with only Monika Niedek remaining from the original members. The new lineup's first single, "We Are The Queens", was finally released in early 2007, but the song didn't gain much success. A bit later, when the video was recorded, Queens did a short promotional campaign and decided to take a short break. After the break, both the whole group and the Polish Music Agency decided to remix and re-release the last single. East Clubbers have mixed the song in 5 different versions. The re-released single also includes a song "Piękne Chwile", which was the Polish-language version of "We're The Queens". Queens has two albums in the Pandora library with only 6 monthly listeners.                                                                                     

Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

UncleBud
Chart Topper

@MOHLovesAlaska Wow! I've seen some artists who have appeared on some of my channels but I've never seen anyone with only 6 listeners.

@UncleBud I accidentally came across this all-women trio group two days ago. The song Keep It was in a list of similar songs to the song I was listening to. I was searching for some more music to add to "My Reading Playlist". So, I gave it a listen and I really liked it. Just about 2 years ago I came across another music artist named Ericka Wennerstrom (great music) at the time she only had 127 monthly listeners. When you get some time to check these music artists out, you may like what you hear. 

Take care, and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

UncleBud
Chart Topper

@MOHLovesAlaska I'll try to check them out later.

Good Wednesday afternoon, I will be adding three songs to the GSOTD post and playlist. Enjoy the music.

Indie//Indie pop: Somebody Else (Single) by Ruelle. Somebody Else (Single)  Maggie Eckford (born c. 1986), better known by her stage name Ruelle, is an American electronic pop singer-songwriter. Her music is widely used on many television series, and she is the singer of the opening theme songs of Shadowhunters ("This Is the Hunt") and The Shannara Chronicles ("Until We Go Down"). Born the middle child of three sisters to a trucker in Mississippi, Ruelle was raised on a dairy farm. She attended music school in Sydney, Australia. Ruelle is now professionally based out of Nashville, Tennessee. Eckford adopted the French word "Ruelle" as her stage name because she liked how it gave off a sense of darkness and mystery and how it had multiple meanings including "chamber" and "wolf". Ruelle's best-performing song on the Billboard charts is "I Get to Love You", which reached #15 on the Spotify Viral 50 on March 5, 2016.

R&B//Singer-songwriter: You Still Think Of Me by Jordan Sparks. You Still Think Of Me multi-platinum recording artist Jordin Sparks released her first single of 2021, “You Still Think of Me,” this evening. The Grammy-nominated singer/songwriter wrote the song along with Lisa Goe, Savvy Giersch, Marc David Schneider. “‘You Still Think of Me’ is emotionally intense, and it’s very healing at the same time,” said Sparks. “It’s simultaneously haunting and redemptive. I love the duality of it. I’ve gone through a lot, and I’m finally at a place to share my experiences through my music. I’ve been through the fire, and I’ve come out on the other side better, not bitter and sure of who I am. I am so, so grateful.”

Pop//Singer-songwriter: Dream On by Ben Rector. Dream On   Benjamin Evans Rector is an American singer, songwriter, and record producer based in Nashville, Tennessee. He has released seven studio albums, including Brand New, which peaked at No. 9 on the Billboard 200, and Magic, which debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Americana/Folk Albums chart.

Have a great Wednesday, take care, and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

UncleBud
Chart Topper

I'll have to check out that Jordan Sparks song. I haven't listened to her In a while. Thanks for the post @MOHLovesAlaska .

Good Thursday morning, I will be adding three songs to the GSOTD post and playlist. Enjoy the music.

Pop//Singer-songwriter: Joy by Adam GrammerJoy   Andy Charles Grammer is an American singer, songwriter, and record producer. He is signed to S-Curve Records. His debut album, Andy Grammer, was released in 2011 and spawned the singles "Keep Your Head Up" and "Fine by Me". His second album Magazines or Novels was released in 2014 and featured "Honey, I'm Good" which is his most successful song to date, peaking at number 9 on the Billboard Hot 100. This single has been certified triple-platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America and was ranked one of the ten best-selling songs of 2015 by Nielsen SoundScan.

Indie pop//Singer-songwriter: Hold On To Your Love by Walk Off the Earth & Phillip Phillips Hold On To Your Love (Single)   “Hold on To Your Love” is a new song from American Idol season 11 winner Phillip Phillips and Walk Off the Earth. “Super excited to be a part of this song! writes Phillip on social media, “@walkofftheearth writing some great hooks!” On the release of their collaborative new song, Walk Off the Earth share, “This song is about overcoming the fear of heartbreak and struggling to let go of past experiences. New people come into your life for a reason and can pull you out of that dark place, this song helps remind us of that.” Phillip Phillips adds, “I am super honored to collaborate with Walk Off the Earth on this song. It has such a great hook and they are such a talented band. Excited for everyone to hear it!”

Folk: The Joker And The Queen (feat. Taylor Swift) by Ed Sheeran. The Joker And The Queen (feat. Taylor Swift)  "The Joker and the Queen" is a song by English singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran, taken from his fifth studio album = that was released on 29 October 2021 by Asylum and Atlantic Records. Sheeran wrote and produced the song with Johnny McDaid, Fred, and Sam Roman. A duet remix of the song, featuring American singer-songwriter Taylor Swift, was released on 11 February 2022. 

Have a great Thursday, take care, and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

kayden_S
Up & Coming Artist

@MOHLovesAlaska walk off the earth did an amazing cover of somebody that i used to know by gotye. and all five of them played on the same singular guitar. you might like it

ks

Good Friday morning, I will be adding three songs to the GSOTD post and playlist, enjoy the music.

Rock//Soft Rock: St. Ann's Gold by Daniel Lanois. St. Ann's Gold (Gold Top Edition)  The album Acadia is the debut album by record producer and singer-songwriter Daniel Lanois. It was largely written and recorded in the city of New Orleans. Lanois sings on it in both French and English, sometimes even on the same track. The album was originally released in 1989, on Opal Records and Warner Bros. Records. It was reissued in 2005 with new cover art (but otherwise identical to the original). Acadia was named the 20th greatest Canadian album of all time in Bob Mersereau's 2007 book, The Top 100 Canadian Albums.

Blues Rock: Blue Ridge Mountains by Larkin Poe. Blue Ridge Mountains  Larkin Poe is an American roots rock band originally from north Georgia, currently based in Nashville, Tennessee, and fronted by sisters Rebecca Lovell and Megan Lovell. Featuring strong southern harmonies, heavy electric guitar riffs, and slide guitar, they are often touted as "the little sisters of the Allman Brothers". The band performed at the 2014 and 2016 Glastonbury Festival and were voted "Best Discovery of Glastonbury 2014" by the UK's The Observer. The sisters have also toured as backing musicians for a variety of other bands, most notably Elvis Costello, Conor Oberst of Bright Eyes, Kristian Bush of Sugarland, and Keith Urban.

Pop: Graduation (Friends Forever) by Vitamin C. Graduation (Friends Forever)"Graduation" is a song by American pop singer Vitamin C, released as the third single from her self-titled debut studio album. Vitamin C wrote the song as a response to how many friends drift apart soon after graduation from high school. Josh Deutsch co-wrote the song with her and also produced the track alongside Garry Hughes. The song is partly orchestrated, featuring a string arrangement based on Pachelbel's Canon in D and a vocal appearance from the NYC All-City Chorus. One version of the song contains student interviews from the Class of 2000 of Lyndhurst High School in New Jersey. 

I want to thank @Cptheg3 for the song Graduation (Friends Forever) by Vitamin C, this song was used in a post to compare with another song. 

Have a great weekend, take care, and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for putting this together, @MOHLovesAlaska!

I also like how you shared the song Graduation (Friends Forever). 😁

@AdamPandora I thank you for your support. I'm also going through some playlists to add Rap and Hip-Hop (clean only). This post was created for Pandora's community, but I also wanted it to be for all listeners, not just a select group. I know Pandora has a lot of subscribers that have the family plan, so I just wanted it to be user-friendly for all ages. I know you, along with @ErickPandora as well as many other listeners like Rap and Hip-Hop. Cling on to some patience and I will start adding some Rap, and Hip-Hop just as soon as I can look over some playlists that @ErickPandora has suggested for me, along with some other playlists that I have found. I'm also open to all suggestions. 

Have a great Friday, and a great weekend, take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Tuesday morning, I will be adding three songs to the GSOTD post and playlist, enjoy the music.

Pop//Jazz: Brooklyn Roads by Neil Diamond. Brooklyn Roads  "Brooklyn Roads" was Neil Diamond's first single for MCA records. The song introduced an epic, storytelling, orchestrated sound that Diamond would become known for.

Pop// Nu-Disco Funk Dance Dance-Pop// Scandipop: Better Days (feat. Polo G) by NEIKED & Mae Mueller.  Better Days (feat. Polo G)  "Better Days" is a song by Swedish singer-songwriter and producer Neiked, English singer-songwriter Mae Muller and American rapper Polo G. It was released on 24 September 2021 via Capitol Records. The song was written by Karl Ivert, Kian Sang, Polo G, Von Tiger, and Neiked, who also produced it. The song also went viral over Tik-Tok as part of the Better Days challenge, which also helped garner over one million streams. It was released on 24 September 2021 via Capitol Records.

Pop-rock//Pop-punk: she's all i wanna be by Tate McRae. she's all i wanna be   Since it was released back on February 22nd, 2022. The song debuted in the top ten in Ireland, Singapore, and Norway, entering just outside the top ten at 11 in Canada. The song also debuted in the top 40 in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, New Zealand, and the UK. In the US, the song debuted at 52, becoming McRae's highest debut and fourth charting song. 

Have a great day, take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Wednesday morning, I will be adding three songs to The GSOTD post and playlist. Enjoy the music. 

Duet//Singer-songwriter//Dance: Bam Bam (feat. Ed Sheeran) by Camila Cabello. Bam Bam (feat. Ed Sheeran)       Camila Cabello released new single “Bam Bam,” a breakup bop with Ed Sheeran. The song throws shade at her ex-Shawn Mendes, and the music video finds her dancing away a breakup.

Reggae: Holding You Close by Marcia Griffith & Silly Walks Discotheque. Holding You Close  Marcia Llyneth Griffiths (born 23 November 1949) is a Jamaican singer. One reviewer described her by noting "she is known primarily for her strong, smooth-as-mousse love songs and captivating live performances". This song was inspired by a playlist that @Pandora posted here in the community, "Women In Reggae". 

Hip-Hop: Blem by Drake. Blem  Aubrey Drake Graham (born October 24, 1986) is a Canadian rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, actor, and businessman. Drake was an actor on the teen drama television series Degrassi: The Next Generation in the early 2000s.

Have a great Wednesday (hump day, the weekend is almost here). Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

UncleBud
Chart Topper

@MOHLovesAlaska I'll have to check out "Bam Bam". I haven't heard it yet but I really like Ed Sheeran. Thanks for the post.

@UncleBud It is a brand new song that was just released at the end of February. I liked it, even though I'm not a Cabello fan, but this was a good duet between Sheeran and Cabello. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska