Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

John's Deep Wayne Shorter Playlist

johnkaplantech
Underground

https://www.pandora.com/playlist/PL:1970324836975950:157840609

Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 11.36.57 PM.png

Wayne Shorter is one of the great masters of modern jazz saxophone. His sound is unique and innovative, instantly recognizable and completely his own. The styles he plays vary from straight-ahead acoustic jazz to fusion to pop, delighting vastly different audiences while maddening purists. With each tune he plays, Wayne creates marvelous kalaidoscopic musical journeys, building tension by combining fragments, colors, angular phrases, and fast runs, then easing into a melody or crying out to provide release. He can be lyrical, wailing, cerebral, and soulful all in the same solo.

I first heard Wayne when I was in high school and he was in Weather Report. I loved his music and have been a natural fan of his ever since. But making a playlist encompassing his entire 63-year discography was a daunting task even for an obsessive like me. Though I've owned and listened to most of Wayne's albums for decades, it took six months of intensive review to find all the tracks I wanted to include. The result is this massive 366-track catalog in recording session order, the largest playlist I've ever compiled.

Here's an in-depth blog about this playlist:
https://johnkaplanmusic.blogspot.com/2022/05/johns-deep-wayne-shorter-playlist.html

3 Replies

@johnkaplantech thank you for sharing the playlist, and for the detailed information. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for sharing, @johnkaplantech.

Will definitely check out this playlist. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

-xRADIANTx-
Underground

Awesome undertaking!! I will definitely be checking this out!! --Patrick

0 Kudos