cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Artists to My Collection with Pandora Premium

cbarone905
Local Performer

I have a Pandora Premium account and have several artists listed under my collection's "Artist" section. How do I add more artists to that list? I cannot find a way to do it.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cbarone905 Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

If you collect a specific track or album by a specific artist, that specific artist will then get added to your collection when sorting by Artists.

Hope this helps clarify! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cbarone905 Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

If you collect a specific track or album by a specific artist, that specific artist will then get added to your collection when sorting by Artists.

Hope this helps clarify! 

0 Kudos

cbarone905
Local Performer

Thanks so much!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Always happy to help, @cbarone905. 😁

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

teaganb
Local Performer

I have been with Pandora for about 10 years. 

My partner and I get frustrated when we really just want to add a new artist to the music rotation and we end up making a "Station" which we  DO NOT want. 

PLEASE tell Pandora that we should be able to add ARTISTS and then you all can pick whatever music from them that you think is good.   

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@teaganb It looks like you are upgraded to Pandora Premium.

With this level of subscription, you do actually have the ability to play music on demand, where you can pick and choose what songs you want to listen to.

I recommend you try creating a new playlist if you want to manually select specific songs from each artist during each of your listening sessions.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how to create a new playlist: How to create a new playlist

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

rogerroger
Local Performer

I am a premium user who has artist radio stations without those artists being listed under my collections.

It's a bit baffling as to why this should be mysterious at all to be honest. I have a small list of artists that I have apparently collected and have no idea how... meanwhile, I have artists I want to find, and have to scroll through a large list of stations to find them... or search for them directly.

Seems to me that there really should be a straightforward way to add an artist if I have a list of collected artists so readily available.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rogerroger Can you please provide some examples of artists you have created stations for, but do not appear when sorting your collection by Artists?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

rogerroger
Local Performer

@AdamPandora  - I am not 100% clear on the "sorting your collection by Artists" bit. 

On the web, when I go to collection, the default is All with two sort options: Recently Collected, and A-Z.

When I select the Stations "tab", I have over 80 stations (not all by specific artists)... on my Artists "tab", I have only 17 artists listed.

Here are a few that I have stations for that do not show up in my Collected Artists list. Note that the results are different on my Android app. The items with an asterisk are *also* not listed in my Android Pandora Collected Artists list. Hope this helps, as I find this very confusing. I'd love an "Add Artist" option 🙂

CloZee
UNKLE
Tom Morello *
DakhaBrakha *
Beats Antique *
Larkin Poe *
Filter
Tool
Bryon Metcalf *

I just reviewed my Collected Songs, those artists *are* listed on my Collected Artists list. So I guess this is the surest way, to add a song instead of just a station?

Thanks

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rogerroger I checked in with our engineering team about this.

To clarify, artists will only get added to the Artists tab if you collect an album or song by that artist.

If you only create a station for them, they will not get added to the Artists tab.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Dpreardon
Local Performer

I’m trying to setup different artist only stations for those I’m planning to see in concert.  It only plays top 10 and doesn’t allow me to save the artist under My Artist.  There is no + sign when I search for the artist.  What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dpreardon I moved your post over to this existing thread: Add Artists to My Collection with Pandora Premium

To clarify, an artist will only get added to your collection if you collect an album or track by them.

It sounds like you are attempting to set up either a station or playlist for each artist you are planning to see in concert.

If this is the case, you do have a couple of options:

1. Create individual stations for each artist, and then switch to Artist Only mode - switching to that mode will only play tracks by the artist you have seeded your station with.
    • Check out this help article for the full details on Pandora Modes and how to use it.
  2. Create separate playlists for each artist, where you manually add specific songs/albums that you want to listen to.
    • Check out this thread for instructions on how to create customized playlists.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos