cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding more songs to Broadway Showtunes

SJASZAI
Local Performer

I've been listening for a while and not hearing music from broadway musicals like:

Ms Saigon, Wicked, Hair etc... how do I get these on the playlist?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
@SJASZAI Genre stations, such as Today's Hits or Broadway Showtunes are stations created and curated by Pandora. Sometimes, they might include more mainstream artists and songs or we may make changes to the station that can result in changes to the experience you've been accustomed to. You can always use Thumbs to help guide the station you are trying to create.

As an alternative, we recommend creating your own station, using an artist or song that you think best represents a particular genre.

Additionally, you may Add Variety to the station you create, in order to include other artists or songs you'd like to influence your station.

Keep in mind, each seed you add will inspire hundreds of other songs, so a little variety goes a long way. If you don't like the direction your station is headed, you can always edit your station seeds and Thumbs through the Station Details.

That said, when you're listening from a computer, mobile device or the Sonos app, you can access Pandora Modes to customize your station experience. You can pick different modes like Crowd Faves, Discovery and Deep Cuts. Let me know if you'd like more information about that.

Hope this is helpful!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
@SJASZAI Genre stations, such as Today's Hits or Broadway Showtunes are stations created and curated by Pandora. Sometimes, they might include more mainstream artists and songs or we may make changes to the station that can result in changes to the experience you've been accustomed to. You can always use Thumbs to help guide the station you are trying to create.

As an alternative, we recommend creating your own station, using an artist or song that you think best represents a particular genre.

Additionally, you may Add Variety to the station you create, in order to include other artists or songs you'd like to influence your station.

Keep in mind, each seed you add will inspire hundreds of other songs, so a little variety goes a long way. If you don't like the direction your station is headed, you can always edit your station seeds and Thumbs through the Station Details.

That said, when you're listening from a computer, mobile device or the Sonos app, you can access Pandora Modes to customize your station experience. You can pick different modes like Crowd Faves, Discovery and Deep Cuts. Let me know if you'd like more information about that.

Hope this is helpful!

Yaelle
Underground

Add variety how?! I see no options. 

0 Kudos