cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Artist Only Mode changes back to My Station Mode

Majorbuzz
Opening Act

I'm a "Plus" customer.
While using my Windows PC to play the band "KISS" in ARTIST ONLY MODE, 10 songs in, the mode changed by itself to "My Station" and proceeded to play Guns 'N Roses. I had to re-select ARTIST ONLY MODE, listen to a 15 second commercial, and all was fine, or so I thought. Another 8 KISS songs played and Pandora switched again to MY STATION where the band Scorpions started to play. I had to once again go through the same paces as described above. I only listened to roughly 4 more KISS tracks before I terminated the session. What is causing this? I always use either MY STATION or DISCOVERY and there have never been any problems.
This wouldn't be a big deal, but I have one of my PC outputs hard wired through my main house stereo so I can listen elsewhere. I was outside at the time.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Majorbuzz This appears to be working as intended.

Keep in mind that since licensing regulations require a Pandora Premium subscription in order to be able to listen to your station in "Artist Only" mode, free listeners and Pandora Plus subscribers will be able to view an advertisement in order to initiate a complimentary Premium Access session. Those that do will also have access to Pandora Premium's other features during their Premium Access session.

However, at the end of these Premium Access sessions, your account will automatically revert back to the free service, and you will be sent back to My Station Mode. 

Since Premium Access sessions are timed, you won't always be able to listen to the same number of tracks when in Artist Only Mode before you are sent back to My Station Mode - it all depends on the length of the tracks that play during your session.

Hope this helps explain! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Majorbuzz This appears to be working as intended.

Keep in mind that since licensing regulations require a Pandora Premium subscription in order to be able to listen to your station in "Artist Only" mode, free listeners and Pandora Plus subscribers will be able to view an advertisement in order to initiate a complimentary Premium Access session. Those that do will also have access to Pandora Premium's other features during their Premium Access session.

However, at the end of these Premium Access sessions, your account will automatically revert back to the free service, and you will be sent back to My Station Mode. 

Since Premium Access sessions are timed, you won't always be able to listen to the same number of tracks when in Artist Only Mode before you are sent back to My Station Mode - it all depends on the length of the tracks that play during your session.

Hope this helps explain! 

0 Kudos

Majorbuzz
Opening Act

Hi Adam. Thank you so much for the very quick response. I think I understand all you wrote. I'd like to ask a couple of questions.

1-As a "plus" customer, how many complimentary 'Artist Only" sessions am I entitled to, even though they have a time limit attached to them before I am reverted back to 'plus' status?

2-If I were a "premium' customer, would I be able to listen in 'artist only' mode for as long and as often as I wished, or would there still be time restrictions?

Thanks 🙂

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Majorbuzz For more information around Premium Access limits, check out the accepted solution to this thread: Limit on Pandora Premium sessions

To answer your second question, yes - if you upgrade to Pandora Premium, you'd be able to listen in Artist Only Mode for as long as you wish without any restrictions.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Majorbuzz
Opening Act

Hi Adam. Thanks again for sending me the link to your accepted solution, and for answering my second question outright. I see you wrote this about two years ago .... <<As a result, the average length and availability of your complimentary session may fluctuate.>> I gather your answer still holds true today. I guess I'll test the availability and length to determine if I wish to become a premium customer.

I read somewhere that the available bitrates differ (using your website directly from a Windows PC). I believe as a 'plus' customer on a PC I have the option of 64 Kbps or 192 Kbps. Am I correct about this, and are those the same options as a 'premium' customer has? Thanks again Adam.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Majorbuzz Yes - on our website, Pandora plays 192k for both Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium subscribers. 

Let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with. 

Majorbuzz
Opening Act

Hi Adam. Thanks so much for all your previous help.

I did just run into an interesting situation as a 'plus' customer. I was listening to a particular 'Blue Oyster Cult' album. I was cut off after 30 minutes. I understand that in order to listen to the full album I need to be a PREMIUM customer. Pandora automatically switched me into something called 'Auto Play'. When I went back to choose another 'artist' station in the mode of "My Station", I got a small box on my screen that stated "Someone else is listening to your Pandora Account, only one person can listen at a time", and my screen froze. I closed the tab I was on in Firefox, went back to Pandora, and I got the same message again. Do you know what might have happened? Nobody else to my knowledge has my log on credentials.

Secondly, I've already paid for my 'plus' account. I also know that you don't bill until the trial period is over. If I try going for a "PREMIUM" 2 month trial, and decide it's not worth it to me and cancel it, will I revert back to my 'PLUS' status, or does it become more complicated than that?

Thanks my friend ... Bruce

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Majorbuzz Nice hearing back from you.

Someone else is listening message:

To rule out the possibility of any unauthorized users, let's go ahead and secure your account.

I've gone ahead and removed all the devices associated with your Pandora account. This will automatically sign you out everywhere including any devices you currently have, so you will need to sign back in once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

If you haven't already, you will also need to change your password to prevent this error from popping up again.

Click here to request a password reset and make sure to enter the email address associated with the Pandora account you'd like to access.

• Next check the Inbox associated with that email address in order to continue through the password reset process.
  • If you don't see the message in your Inbox, please check your Spam or Junk folder.

If you continue to have trouble, let me know.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Switching to Pandora Premium:

Each Pandora account is only eligible for one free trial of Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium.

I took a look at your account, and it appears you've already taken advantage of a separate trial we offer (the 30-day Pandora Plus trial).

If you were to switch to Pandora Premium now, you would get charged immediately.

This being said, you can always downgrade back to Pandora Plus after your first month if you find you don't really like it. 

Hope this helps explain! 

0 Kudos