cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Artist/Song missing from Add Variety option

amoebob
Opening Act

I have created a station and then chose Add Variety. I tried to add artist "Wild Side" but it does not appear in the list. I do see the similarly named "Wildside", but that is not who I'm looking for.

When I click the general search, and search for "Wild Side", I am then able to find the artist -- https://www.pandora.com/artist/wild-side/ARjcl455jbbgvgX

Why can they not be added as station variety via search?

Thank you!

Labels (2)
72 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@charlzm I moved your post over to this existing thread: Artist/Song missing from Add Variety option

I have forwarded this to our curation team for further review.

Thanks for taking the time to report this!

DeathofRats
Local Performer

There is a band I was recently introduced to, and I wanted to add their music to one of my long-established, personally-made stations as I have done many times in the past. I found the Add Variety option, and searched for the band, but could not find it. However, when do a broader full search on Pandora, there they are with two listings by name and 10 albums worth of songs. 

I tried again to use the Add Variety option, double-checking my spelling. But lo! I see that despite my accurate spelling—matching the listing in the full search perfectly—the Add Variety option is giving me a band that doesn't even match the search spelling. What madness has descended upon the world that a y now supersedes a g? Is it broken or am I?dArtagnan.png

I will add that I have tried in both the browser version on Chrome and the app for Windows 10. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DeathofRats Thanks so much for reporting this.

I have passed your feedback along to our curation team so they can further investigate. 🔎

0 Kudos

Rindharder795
Local Performer

Hi, I want to add "Said to You (Single) by TRU Concept & Nu Aspect, and I have been able to add the song to my collection, but when I try to add it as variety to one of my stations (UV Rufus Time (The it's poppin mix), I cannot, even though it is obviously on Pandora. This has happened with certain version of other songs as well. Can you please fix it so I can add this great song?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rindharder795 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Artist/Song missing from Add Variety option

I went ahead and passed your feedback along to our curation team so they can further investigate.

Thank you for reporting this! 

0 Kudos

hessbri
Local Performer

The band "Windser" shows in search, but not the add variety options.

https://www.pandora.com/artist/windser/ARl7JKvh4hv9g9V

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reporting this, @hessbri.

I have escalated your feedback to our curation team so they can further investigate.

0 Kudos

neuronet
Local Performer

I also am having this problem:  I am trying to add 'Liquid Mind' (artist) and 'My Silent Knowing' (song) to add variety to my playlist. I just listened to it. But it isn't showing up when I search in 'Find an artist or song to add to this station', even though it is showing up directly below that in my 'Thumbed up tracks' list.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@neuronet Can you please send me a screenshot of what you're seeing when you attempt to add both that song and artist to your playlist?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Iconic
Underground

So I want to add an artist to one of my stations but when I search in "add variety" the artist does not show up, but when I search their name in the normal search bar, them and all their music is present. 

Someone please help

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Iconic What is the name of the artist that isn't appearing when adding variety?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Iconic
Underground

The name of the artist is Cosmograph. Recently a video game I love called "Goddess Of Victory: NIKKE" added it's entire ost library to Pandora. Cosmograph is one of the main artists behind the games music, so naturally I wanted to add it to my current favorite station that already has like 10 artists on it. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Iconic Thanks for reporting this.

I've passed your feedback along to our curation team for further review.

0 Kudos