cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Artist/Song missing from Add Variety option

amoebob
Opening Act

I have created a station and then chose Add Variety. I tried to add artist "Wild Side" but it does not appear in the list. I do see the similarly named "Wildside", but that is not who I'm looking for.

When I click the general search, and search for "Wild Side", I am then able to find the artist -- https://www.pandora.com/artist/wild-side/ARjcl455jbbgvgX

Why can they not be added as station variety via search?

Thank you!

Labels (2)
72 Replies

Troglodyte
Local Performer

I have the same problem with Frozen Crown.  https://www.pandora.com/artist/frozen-crown/AR62PmtK9bfp6VX

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for letting us know @Troglodyte! I've let our curation department know about this. They'll look into it as soon as they can. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Ocba
Local Performer

Hey Pandora Moderators,

I am having a similar issue with one of my stations. I have my Video Games Soundtrack station that I've put a lot of time shaping and molding. I have been attempting to add Marcin Przybyłowicz (https://www.pandora.com/artist/marcin-przybylowicz/ARnhrrPwX3p6v3g) to this station. Just like the others, I am able to see this artist in the general search, but he does not show up in the + Add Variety search. Can you look into this?

Likewise, being both a PC browser and a phone app user, I noticed a similar, but different, issue: On the app, I actually am able to look up this artist in the + Add Variety search, but I am unable to save the added artist to my station. This is something that is happening on all my stations and I am required to open the browser version in order to change any of my varieties. The app version does allow the removing of varieties, though.

Thanks,

-Ocba

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ocba Thank you for reporting this! 

I have passed your feedback along to our curation team so they can take a closer look. 🔎

0 Kudos

Troglodyte
Local Performer

Got another one here.  Same problem. 

https://www.pandora.com/artist/eleine/ARVdlZgVPXVkhqX

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Troglodyte Thanks for reporting this!

I have escalated this to our curation team for further review. 

0 Kudos

2ndB
Local Performer

I am trying to add 2nd Breath of Redemption and it will not let me find it under the station search, but I can find them under artist 

need help thanks 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @2ndB! Thanks for letting us know. 

I've reported this to our curation department, they'll take a look as soon as they can. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

animalspirit601
Local Performer

I am having this same issue. The artist and song will come up when I do a general search but not when I try to add variety on a station. Why is this?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@animalspirit601 I'm happy to look into this.

What is the name of the station you are listening to, along with the name of the artist you are unable to add to it as variety?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

hessbri
Local Performer
0 Kudos

SpookiusMortem
Local Performer

When I search for the artist Bulletbelt in the general search (at the top of the page) I get a result and can view their page, but the same artist does not show up in the Add Variety search on my stations. Is there another way to add this artist to my existing stations without having to create a new station from that artist?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reporting this, @hessbri!

I have escalated your feedback over to our curation team so they can further investigate.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SpookiusMortem I moved your post over to this existing thread: Artist/Song missing from Add Variety option

I have passed your feedback along to our curation team so they can take a closer look at this.

Thanks for reporting!

0 Kudos

Pandachan40
Local Performer

I am trying to add variety to Manda's Jams. 

Brighter Than Gold by Louis II.

Everything or Nothing - Willyecho

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Pandachan40 In regards to not being able to add the track Brighter Than Gold by Louis II as variety to your station, I have escalated that feedback to our curation team so they can further investigate.

In regards to Everything or Nothing - Willyecho, it doesn't look like we actually have that song in our collection yet.

I went ahead and passed along your suggestion to our curation team as well.

Thanks for reporting! 

0 Kudos

ralenciak
Local Performer

I have a similar problem. I am trying to add "The storm" by TheFatRat and Maisy Kay via add variety. I can find it in the general search but not in the add variety search.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ralenciak Thanks for reporting this.

I escalated this over to our curation team so they can take a closer look at that track.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community some more! 

necroholic
Local Performer

+1 for another incident. Pandora please note that

A) I can find the song I want on the android app, but then get the 'error' when I try to add.

B) The song doesn't even show up in the chrome pc site when I try to search.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@necroholic To clarify, does the error message pop up when you are attempting to add a specific song as variety to one of your stations?

Or does it happen when you attempt to create a new station based off of that song?

Additionally, what is the name of the song that doesn't appear in search when streaming Pandora on a computer?

Let me know.

0 Kudos