cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Artist only mode only plays 1 track by each artist

chongo228
Underground

I have the Pandora Premium subscription. 

One of my accounts I have a station with tons of bands added. Artist only mode used to (like 2 or 3 weeks ago) shuffle through all the artist throughout the day. It would play three or four songs by artist A, then 3 or 4 by artist B, and 3 or 4 by artist C etc. etc. all day.  I liked this mode because it would go a little deeper in the catalogue of a bands songs than normal modes. 

Starting around last week it just plays one song by a band and then rolls onto someone else. It's like it is on "My station". I'm using it on  PC and have tried the app and web browser. The artist only button is highlighted like it's in that mode but the song selection doesn't change from my station. 

What am I doing wrong? How do I bring this mode back?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@chongo228 What is the name of the station this happens with?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

chongo228
Underground

The station name is Warehouse Music. It's under my work email Matt.@illis@Sc*****.com log in.

My personal login (chongo228@*******.com) has the same station that is a shared station. This shared station hasn't worked right in forever and I'm not really worried about it. I really just want to get the work station back up and running. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@chongo228 Thanks for following up.

I do see there are a large number of artists who have been added as variety to that station.

When selecting Artist Only Mode, your station should only play tracks from artists who have been added as variety to that station.

To clarify, do artists who have not been added to variety to that station still play in Artist Only Mode?

If so, can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing the next time that happens?

I appreciate you working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

chongo228
Underground

Trying to pay attention today. From what I can tell it's only playing artist added to the station but just plays one song and then moves on. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @chongo228.

If any artist (that isn't added as variety on your station) plays in Artist Only Mode, please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos

chongo228
Underground

It's playing only artist I have added but that's not really my concern. In the past (for years) it would play a 3 or 4 songs by the artist and then move on to the next artist. This caused it to play songsyou won't hear on crows favorite or My Station mode. It was a way to trick Pandora into playing a little more variety but not going too deep with Deep cuts or discovery modes. I listen to Pandora 40+ hours a week during work and My Station and Crowd Fav are very repetitive even with all the artist I have added to the station. Artist only was a way around the "only hits" modes.  How do I bring back the Artist only mode playing songs in blocks and not one at a time?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for clarifying that with me, @chongo228.

I have passed your feedback along to our engineering team.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

0 Kudos

Pylesl
Local Performer

Several stations (Kris Kristopherson, Gene Watson, and maybe others) are not playing the Artist Only when I choose that as an option in the station.  Can this be fixed?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Pylesl Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos