cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banning Remixed or Live Version of Songs

Chelc6
Local Performer

If I were to downvote an acoustic or remix to a song I actually like will that keep pandora from playing there original song?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
70 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DiamondBoy32 I am not sure where that was said, however I can confirm that thumbing down 2 tracks by the same artist will not prevent them from playing again on that same station.

It will require you to give a consistent thumbs down to all songs that play by a single artist in order to prevent them from playing again on that station. 

Hope this helps clarify.

0 Kudos

ghostofmybrain
Local Performer

I thumb down every live song that comes on, and Pandora can't seem to understand that I don't want to listen to live music on the radio.

I can't figure out where to find all my thumbed down songs, though. I would have to go through every single station and look, and that just isn't happening.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ghostofmybrain Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

Banning live music:

I moved your post to this thread since you have similar feedback: Banning Remixed or Live Version of Songs

We don't currently have the option to filter out certain versions of tracks, such as covers or live recordings on Pandora stations.

However, if you Thumb Down a cover or remixed version of a song, you will not hear that version again on the station you're listening to. This will not keep the studio version of that track from playing and doesn't necessarily mean that you will no longer hear other songs by that artist. As always, you should use your Thumb ratings freely to tell Pandora what you want and don't want to hear.

In the meantime, make sure to give this existing feature request a ❤️ to express your interest in getting it added to the service as well: Exclude Live Performance/Remixed Versions of Songs

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Finding your thumbed down tracks:

To locate your thumbed down tracks on a computer:

• Click on the name of the station you'd like to view. If the station is not available on your Now Playing page, click on the My Collection button first, sort your collection by Stations, and then select the name of the station you'd like to edit.

This will take you to a page which shows you information about your personalized station.

You can view/edit your Thumbed up or Thumbed down tracks, by scrolling down to the Thumb History of the station's page. By default, this section will show your Thumbed up tracks first. If you'd like to see your Thumbed down tracks, click on the Thumbs down icon.

To locate your thumbed down tracks on a mobile device:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
  2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to view.
    • If you're a Pandora Premium subscriber, this will take you directly to the station's backstage page.
    • If you're a free listener or Pandora Plus subscriber, this will start your station, so tap either the Thumb or small "i" icon in the upper right corner of your screen to continue to the station's backstage page.
  3. Scroll down to either your Thumbed Down Songs.

Hope this helps! 😁

0 Kudos

Keysean2
Diamond in the Rough

On lil Wayne stations artist only it’s playing chopped & screwed carter 2 ova the original 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Keysean2 I moved your post to this thread since you are reporting similar feedback: Banning Remixed or Live Version of Songs

We don't currently have the option to filter out certain versions of tracks, such as remixes or live recordings on Pandora stations.

However, if you Thumb Down a live or remixed version of a song, you will not hear that version again on the station you're listening to. This will not keep the studio version of that track from playing and doesn't necessarily mean that you will no longer hear other songs by that artist. As always, you should use your Thumb ratings freely to tell Pandora what you want and don't want to hear.

In the meantime, make sure to give this existing feature request a ❤️ to express your interest in getting it added to the service as well: Exclude Live Performance/Remixed Versions of Songs

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

For complete control of what you hear on Pandora, I recommend taking full advantage of your Pandora Premium subscription.

With this level of subscription, you can create customized playlists where you can pick and choose what songs you want to include in your listening session.

That way, you can leave out any "chopped & screwed" versions out, and only add the studio versions you want to hear.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

WayneAP
Local Performer

(First time poster. Wasn't sure of the location to put this.)

There's one thing I've never been clear on with the Thumbs Up/Down feature.  If I thumbs down a song, does it only mark that specific version?  I don't always like live tracks, but I enjoy the studio version, and vice versa.  Or, I like a song, but I don't like a particular cover of it.  I hate to give a song a thumbs down in case it will prevent me from hearing all versions of it.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@WayneAP Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

That is correct - Thumb ratings are associated with the specific track it is given to.

We don't currently have the option to filter out certain versions of tracks, such as remixes or live recordings on Pandora stations.

I recommend upvoting this existing feature request with a ❤️to express your interest in seeing it added to the service: Exclude Live Performance/Remixed Versions of Songs

In the meantime, if you Thumb Down a live or remixed version of a song, you will not hear that version again on the station you're listening to. This will not keep the studio version of that track from playing and doesn't necessarily mean that you will no longer hear other songs by that artist. As always, you should use your Thumb ratings freely to tell Pandora what you want and don't want to hear.

Hope this helps!

bocephusledbett
Local Performer

So if I don't want to hear a live version of a song (ever again!) I have to play a radio station that might play the song then thumbs down it?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bocephusledbett I moved your post to this thread since you are reporting similar feedback: Banning Remixed or Live Version of Songs

However, if you Thumb Down a live or remixed version of a song, you will not hear that version again on the station you're listening to. This will not keep the studio version of that track from playing and doesn't necessarily mean that you will no longer hear other songs by that artist. As always, you should use your Thumb ratings freely to tell Pandora what you want and don't want to hear.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

jmuMatador
Local Performer

This half-*ssed "solution" does not work when shuffling songs by an individual artist since there are NO thumbs. I love Pandora & have been a subscriber since ~2009 & I JUST a few minutes ago upgraded from Plus to Premium, but I'm very disappointed that banning live music is STILL not a option. Live music is great... IN LIVE CONCERTS, not on my headphones mixed in with good-sounding studio tracks. Please use my $10/month to add this basic & extremely obvious feature, thanks. I've not noticed this issue on Spotify.

0 Kudos

MjrTeez
Local Performer

Seriously? You don't have a method to select no live music and then in your database if the title stays (Live) not play that sucky song?

Who does your programming for the app. They should be fired. 

Exactly how I feel about it. 

mod edit: format

I want a refund. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @MjrTeez @jmuMatador. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space. 

Unfortunately, we don't currently have the option to filter out certain versions of tracks, such as remixes or live recordings on Pandora stations. I'd like to see this option implemented as well. 

If you haven't already, you can upvote this existing feature request here: Exclude Live Performance/Remixed Versions of Songs

• To upvote a feature request, feel free click on the 💙icon next to the title of the suggestion.
  • For more information about how feature requests work on the Pandora Community, feel free to check out this helpful infographic: "How do requests become features?"

In the meantime, if you Thumb Down 👎a live or remixed version of a song, you will not hear that version again on the station you're listening to. This will not keep the studio version of that track from playing and doesn't necessarily mean that you will no longer hear other songs by that artist. As always, you should use your Thumb ratings freely to tell Pandora what you want and don't want to hear.

Thanks for your feedback about this! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

I created the most amazing playlist and for some reason or another my Garth Brooks Much Too Young radio song isn't coming on after I corrected stuff on my station. He came on awhile ago on his live CD, but I don't want it to be that way. I like the regular one 'cause that's what I picked for my starting lineup song :0). Can somebody help me with this by checking stuff in my station? I can't find anything wrong that's keeping my song from coming on. I'm not gonna worry about it. I reassured myself that he will come back on with Much Too Young.

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

I ended up with the live version, but it's okay. I don't mind it :0). Don't know why the Much Too Young song went from regular to live. There had to be a reason for it, but it doesn't bother me.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 I'm happy to help look into this further.

To clarify, did you originally add the studio version of that track to one of your customized playlists, however for some reason it was replaced with the live version?

If so can you please send me:

• the name of the playlist this happened on
  • a screenshot of the live version of the track now showing on your playlist

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

You're welcome. Yep, I had the regular Much Too Young song on my stations in the beginning and it was doing fine 'til it flipped to the live version. I don't know why it did that and I decided to put in the live one as well and left the regular one on just in case it reverted back. It happened on the George Strait's Early, Late 80s, 90s & 2K Country Fitness Radio playlist. That would be good if you could check things out and look into this further. It kinda messed up things when it flipped to the live version, but everything looks okay now and it's not flipped back to the live version of my song I like. I'm moving songs and artists around a little bit on my stations which helps alot.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 It looks like you are referring to a station - not a playlist.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

Okay, it looks fine now. That sounds good to me. I will request that feature to be added in a little while. How do I do that? ;0), My new laptop is awesome. I have more patience with it than my old one. Also, love the Pandora Desktop App too. I was trying to get some things done on my old laptop like copying the rest of my new CDs I ripped to my external hard drive and got so mad I disconnected my old laptop and put it up 'til I got my new laptop. This happened right close to my new laptop delivery last month. Now, I do everything on my new laptop like copying CDs 'n stuff :0).

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 To upvote the feature request, first click on this link: Exclude Live Performance/Remixed Versions of Songs

You can then click on the ❤️icon to cast your vote:

Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 6.18.01 AM.png

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

That helps alot. I gave it a heart :0). My Much Too Young song by Garth Brooks came back and it's managing my Restless Heart station I'm working on. I made a second one to get more Restless Heart and it also gave me The Dance and If Tomorrow Never Comes too so now I have three songs off Garth Brooks' self-titled album ;0).