cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banning Remixed or Live Version of Songs

Chelc6
Local Performer

If I were to downvote an acoustic or remix to a song I actually like will that keep pandora from playing there original song?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
70 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy to hear that, @Listener001.

While we are on the topic of Garth Brooks, check out this thread I noticed in our Community Chat space: Garth Brooks live vs. recorded

Feel free to comment on that thread with your thoughts.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! 😎

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

Can you check all my stations and both my George Strait's Early, Late 80s, 90s & 2K Country Fitness Radio and My Thumbs Up playlists to make sure I cleaned out the extra songs I might've accidentally thumbed up? I think I got 'em all, but it's good to have somebody help me check 'em good :0). You're welcome. My first station is doing pretty good so far.

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

Did you find more than one song thumbed up in my playlists when you checked for me? I went through one more time this morning before I created a Collin Raye station to get more of his songs in my new station.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 Since your Thumbs Up ratings are based on your personal tastes and preferences, I'm not sure which tracks would be considered "accidental."

This being said, if you run into any other issues with your station, feel free to reach back out and let us know.

Thanks for listening! 🎶

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

Okay, sometimes I do accidentally thumb up more than one song and don't realize it when my station starts acting goofy. I've been listening to my new station for a little bit and it acted sorta goofy so I got on my new laptop to go through all my stations and both my playlists to find the extra songs I thumbed up and took those off. It's okay now. I'm going for a walk to test my new station then I'll have me some lunch. It's good to be back to crocheting again :0). I got some catching up to do on a project I'm working on.

Listener001
Not applicable

Garth Brooks' Much Too Young song came back live last night, went back to regular a little while ago and just now Callin' Baton Rouge came on. I thumbed that song up, then If Tomorrow Never Comes live came on and there came Much Too Young live again lol :0). My I thumbed it down on the spot :0). I switched Callin' Baton Rouge to If Tomorrow Never Comes live to keep my regular Much Too Young on track. I'm hoping this will fix Much Too Young. My station details had the regular Callin' Baton Rouge then it went live so I changed it to that to see if I could keep my regular version of the Much Too Young song. I have no problem with having If Tomorrow Never Comes live while I have the regular version of Much Too Young. It was like when I got Callin' Baton Rouge live it wanted to do Much Too Young too. I started laughing really hard. I'll come back if that doesn't work then we'll figure out something else.

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

I put the two songs on my Tim McGraw station which makes everything work better on the first station I'm working on. The two that I put on earlier came in on Tim McGraw's so I decided to do that and see if it makes me a difference and it did :0).

Listener001
Not applicable

It's all good now and I'm making additional stations for some of my singers to get more music from 'em to come through my first one for more variety :0).

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy to hear that, @Listener001. 😁

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

How can I tell which songs I can thumb up and which ones I can't? I know sometimes I thumb up one and it keeps other singers from playing there songs and when it comes back around I unthumb so it would still be on my playlist like it's thumbed up. It confuses me and I'm like do I need to thumb it up or not.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 When you are listening to your stations, you should be able to provide a Thumbs Up rating to any track that plays.

Since you are upgraded to Pandora Premium, you should be able to play that song by Collin Raye immediately after searching for it.

Here is a link to that track: Loving This Way (feat. Bobbie Eakes) by Collin Raye

To play the track, click on the play button:

Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 6.19.31 AM.png

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

Okay, that sounds good to me. My Much Too Young lead song disappeared again and George Strait has been leading the station. Could you look in all my stations to check the radio songs? My first George Strait station has been acting weird again. I put Much Too Young in the My Thumbs Up playlist hoping it would come back that way. Never thought to do that if it works :0).

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

Garth Brooks' Much Too Young song finally came back on and I added it to the My Thumbs Up playlist. I honestly, don't have a clue why he vanished three times lol :0). To be honest with you he's the one that makes my station so smooth.

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

Garth Brooks disappeared again and I couldn't get him back and I tried to correct things. Something happened to make him not play at all. I had to totally start over. I'm closing the other account. I'll notify you when I get back in here on my new one.

0 Kudos

andi3
Underground

Why is Pandora ruining my stations? First they put cheap versions of my classical guitar recording in place of my choices. Then in my other stations they insert wildly inappropriate songs that have nothing to do with my theme. Now they are messing with my one true station that I have been very clear about my choices for it. Using the thumbs down does not help. I do not want the standard responses from Pandora. It says select location. Location for what? What does that mean? I want the administration to read this.

UncleBud
Chart Topper

Hi @andi3 ! 

Hey I have had stations play music that I didn't feel was appropriate for that particular station. When that has happened I have simply given a thumbs down to that song. It's also important to use your thumbs up regularly. When you're on a station and hear a song you like and you feel it's appropriate for that station you're listening to a thumbs up adds that song to your station. The more you use the thumbs on your stations the better result you'll have with your station.

Thumbs up or Thumbs down are specific to each station. I'll give you am example of what I'm talking about. I was recently listening to a station. An Ed Sheeran song came on. I do like Ed Sheeran and I liked the song that was playing. However, I didn't feel that song fit my station so I thumbs down the song. This doesn't effect any other station.

I hope this has helped.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@andi3 Nice to see you around the Community.

Hearing different versions of a song:

If you Thumb Down a live or remixed version of a song, you will not hear that version again on the station you're listening to.

This will not keep the studio version of that track from playing and doesn't necessarily mean that you will no longer hear other songs by that artist.

As always, you should use your Thumb ratings freely to tell Pandora what you want and don't want to hear.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Out of place tracks on your station:

If you believe you are hearing wildly out of place tracks on one of your stations, we are happy to help look into it further.

The next time it happens, please write us back with the following:

• The name of the station where this occurred:
  • The name(s) of the out of place artist(s) on the station.
  • The title(s) of the out of place track(s) that played.
  • Were you able to give the out of place track(s) a Thumbs down?
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Also if possible, please grab a screenshot of the out of place track that plays, and send that in a reply to this message.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Select location message:

Can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

andi3
Underground

I used Thumbs Down liberally. It made no difference. This is occurring on my *"Ashokan Farewell" station which I have groomed for Gentle Bluegrass*.

It has really gotten quite ridiculous the odd recordings showing up there.

Attached are screenshots of the weird songs and artists that are coming on my station.

*Andrea Woods*

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@andi3 It doesn't look like any screenshots were added to your message.

In order to add a screenshot, you'll need to open this Community thread in a web browser, and click on the camera icon located in the Reply box:

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 4.33.00 AM.png

Thanks again for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

andi3
Underground

I used Thumbs Down liberally. It made no difference. This is occurring on my *"Ashokan Farewell" station which I have groomed for

@andi3 wrote:

I used Thumbs Down liberally. It made no difference. This is occurring on my *"Ashokan Farewell" station which I have groomed for Gentle Bluegrass*.

It has really gotten quite ridiculous the odd recordings showing up there.

Attached are screenshots of the weird songs and artists that are coming on my station.

*Andrea Woods*

Ashokan Farewell-Gentle Bluegrass*.

It has really gotten quite ridiculous the odd recordings showing up there. It started out adding old jazz, then progressed to european singers, spanish, french, east european

Screenshot (502).pngScreenshot (503).pngScreenshot (505).pngScreenshot (506).pngScreenshot (507).pngScreenshot (508).pngScreenshot (509).pngScreenshot (510).pngScreenshot (511).pngScreenshot (512).png