cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluegrass Instrumental has Lyrics??

SanJoseTiger
Local Performer

I am a programmer, and I can't program while listening to songs with lyrics because I get easily distracted. So, I found this great channel Instrumental Bluegrass, but lately, they have been playing a bunch of songs with lyrics.  What can I do to get rid of all these songs that have NO business being on a channel call 'Instrumental'

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @SanJoseTiger !

Welcome to the community!

I've moved your post over to My Collection to keep the community neat and tidy.

At the moment, we don't have the option to filter out all songs with lyrics on Pandora stations.

For complete control of what you hear on Pandora, try Pandora Premium. It combines our radio service with on-demand listening and allows you to create custom playlists, so you can create full playlists with only instrumental music. Use this link to learn about the many benefits of upgrading.

In the meantime, you can still find instrumental stations and playlists by searching for "instrumental." You can also try creating stations based on a number of artists or individual songs that exemplify the sound you are looking for (e.g., songs without lyrics). 

Be sure to use your Thumbs for tracks that don't fit the sound you'd like to have for your station. This will teach Pandora what to play on your station.

Another thing to try is creating stations with songs or tracks instead of artists. Using song seeds rather than artist seeds can result in a more focused station by diverging from the mainstream and focusing on a distinct set of musical attributes. You can find some of the sample songs from the Bluegrass Instrumental station here to use in order to create a fresh new station.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @SanJoseTiger !

Welcome to the community!

I've moved your post over to My Collection to keep the community neat and tidy.

At the moment, we don't have the option to filter out all songs with lyrics on Pandora stations.

For complete control of what you hear on Pandora, try Pandora Premium. It combines our radio service with on-demand listening and allows you to create custom playlists, so you can create full playlists with only instrumental music. Use this link to learn about the many benefits of upgrading.

In the meantime, you can still find instrumental stations and playlists by searching for "instrumental." You can also try creating stations based on a number of artists or individual songs that exemplify the sound you are looking for (e.g., songs without lyrics). 

Be sure to use your Thumbs for tracks that don't fit the sound you'd like to have for your station. This will teach Pandora what to play on your station.

Another thing to try is creating stations with songs or tracks instead of artists. Using song seeds rather than artist seeds can result in a more focused station by diverging from the mainstream and focusing on a distinct set of musical attributes. You can find some of the sample songs from the Bluegrass Instrumental station here to use in order to create a fresh new station.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos