cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk delete thumb ratings from a station

srtowens
Underground

Anybody know of an easy way to delete an entire 'Thumbs-Up' or Thumbs-Down' listing for a station, instead of the tedious deletion of a single song at a time?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@srtowens Unfortunately, there is not a way to bulk delete the thumb ratings you've given on a station.

The only way to accomplish that at this time is to manually delete each thumb rating one at a time on your station.

In the meantime, I recommend giving the Bulk Edit/Delete Content feature request a ❤️to express your interest in getting it added to the service as well.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 😎

View solution in original post

7 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@srtowens Unfortunately, there is not a way to bulk delete the thumb ratings you've given on a station.

The only way to accomplish that at this time is to manually delete each thumb rating one at a time on your station.

In the meantime, I recommend giving the Bulk Edit/Delete Content feature request a ❤️to express your interest in getting it added to the service as well.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 😎

DaAndMan
Local Performer

So i am trying to reset the Todays Hits station before i was a premium member i used this station for all my listening needs so it has 1000s of thumbs up and downs from years of listening to it but every time i delete it and add it back to my collection it still has all the thumbs up and downs and even converts back to the custom name i gave it

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DaAndMan Unfortunately, there isn't a way to reset a station and instantly remove all Thumb ratings that have been given on it.

When you delete a station and recreate it, that will only restore the existing station you previously deleted.

For now, the only way to remove the Thumb ratings is to do so one at a time - let me know if you'd like me to send over some steps on how to do that.

In the meantime, I recommend giving this feature request a ❤️ to express your interest in getting it added to the service as well: Bulk Edit/Delete Content

Hope this helps! 😁

0 Kudos

TheDragonsDesig
Opening Act

Great, so i need to manually wait for each of my almost 300 thumbs up to appear in the station they were on to then un thumb them??

Sounds like it will be far easier to purge the affected stations and start from scratch or find a service not so cantankerous

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TheDragonsDesig Thumb ratings will automatically appear in the details section of the station they are given on - there shouldn't be any delay.

If you need to edit any accidental Thumb ratings given on a particular station, you should be able to remove them immediately.

How to edit Thumbs on mobile:

If this happened during your current listening session, all  you need to do is un-Thumb the track. From your Now Playing screen, swipe the album art from left to right until you see the track you're looking for, and tap the highlighted Thumb icon.

If this happened in a previous session, you'll need to visit the station details page to make that change.

Here's how to edit Thumbs in that station settings:

1. First, visit My Collection to view your stations list.
  2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit. 
    • If you're a Pandora Premium subscriber, this will take you directly to the station's "backstage page." 
    • If you're a free listener or Pandora Plus subscriber, this will start your station, so tap either the thumb icon or the small "i" (in the upper right corner of your screen) to continue to the station's backstage page.
  3. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play button) to edit your station.
  4. Scroll down to either your Thumbed Up Songs or your Thumbed Down Songs.
  5. Tap the 'X' beside whichever Thumbs you'd like to remove.

How to edit Thumbs on a computer:

If you gave the song a Thumb during your current listening session:

1. Click on Now Playing in the upper left.
  2. Hover your cursor over the album art and click View Session History.
  3. Click the highlighted Thumb icon under the track you'd like to edit.

If you gave the song a Thumb in a previous listening session:

1. Click on My Collection, filter your collection by Stations, and select the name of the station you'd like to edit.
  2. Then select the ellipses to the right of the play icon and tap Edit Station on the menu that is revealed.
  3. Scroll down to the Thumb History of the station's page. By default, this will show your Thumbed-Up tracks first. If you'd like to see your Thumbs Down, click on the Thumbs Down icon.
  4. To delete a Thumbed track, simply roll your cursor over the name of the track to reveal a hidden menu (or click the ellipsis if you are a Pandora Premium subscriber). As before, select Delete to remove that Thumb from your station.

Hope this helps! 😁

0 Kudos

Dmacsta
Local Performer

Is there a way to delete all my Thumbs up collectively?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dmacsta Unfortunately, there is not a way to bulk delete the thumb ratings you've given on a station.

In the meantime, I recommend giving the Bulk Edit/Delete Content feature request a ❤️to express your interest in getting it added to the service as well.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos