cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add songs to my playlist

naustin
Local Performer

I am a Premium subscriber and have been having problems adding songs to my playlist.  When I try and add a song it does not bring up the list I want to add it to.  Any suggestions.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@naustin Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing when none of your playlists appear in the list?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

jessmail356
Local Performer

I don't even see the option to add songs to my playlist anymore.

jessmail356_0-1645445315298.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jessmail356 To clarify, it looks like the example you are showing in your screenshot is a podcast episode - you won't actually be able to add podcast episodes to a customized playlist.

What is the name of another track/artist you are unable to add to a playlist?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

billg1821
Local Performer

I have tried on both chrome and Edge and having the same problem I am a Premium Member as well.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@billg1821 I'm showing your account is upgraded to Pandora Plus - not Pandora Premium.

If you'd like to upgrade to Pandora Premium so you can have access to creating customized playlists, you can do so here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

billg1821
Local Performer

Hi Adam,

My apologies. I just confused the two memberships, but Plus is fine. However, I am still not able to add songs and I believe the Plus membership allows you to do so. I had signed up for the free trial yesterday planning to pay for it after the trial was over. I was allowed to add songs for like ½ hour and then it topped again.

*stopped not topped.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@billg1821 The ability to collect songs and play music on demand is only an option when upgrading to Pandora Premium.

I had our support team take a look at your account, and it appears you have been enabling free sessions of Pandora Premium by watching an ad.

This is what was allowing you to add specific songs to your collection.

When these free sessions of Pandora Premium end, your account reverts back to the free service, and you no longer have access to that on-demand content.

That would confirm why that content was no longer showing in your collection at the end of those Premium sessions.

For a complete explanation of how Pandora Premium sessions work, check out the accepted solution to this thread: Content disappears when Premium Access ends

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

billg1821
Local Performer

So, the free sessions only last 30 minutes? If I purchase Premium, will I be assured I can add songs/albums at will?

-Bill

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@billg1821 Yes - while the timing of the Premium Sessions that you activate vary, if you were to upgrade to Pandora Premium, you'd be able to add songs/albums at will.

Hope this helps clarify.

0 Kudos

raelashae
Local Performer

I am a Pandora Premium subscriber.  I have found a number of songs that I can give a "thumbs up" but when I try to add to my playlist, the option is "grayed out" on that menu.  Why is that happening?  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@raelashae Can you please send me a screenshot of what you're seeing?

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

Thanks for working with me on this. 

0 Kudos