cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cardi B only plays censored tracks

heakywunn
Local Performer

So far I’ve noticed that cardi b songs have been playing the clean versions, despite me being able to see explicit versions available. 

i clicked “I’m tired of this track” on the censored ones shown below  

678CCDBA-F489-40C2-AE41-69ABB628C252.png

E594E00D-8898-421B-958C-59379755693B.png

  

1726F713-BFFA-4EF4-9692-E624C1E081D2.png

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 01/18/22:

Hi everyone! 👋

A ticket has been created with our engineering team so they can help investigate the issue with tracks from Cardi B's album, Invasion of Privacy, now playing censored.

We appreciate everyone who took the time to report this! 

View solution in original post

16 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@heakywunn We try to buy unedited versions of all music and comedy we acquire, but sometimes a clean version is all that's available. This is particularly common with movie soundtracks and best-of collections.

Sometimes our licensing for certain content may expire. Other times we get the radio edit of a track before we get the original, and the tracks are indistinguishable from one another from a database perspective.

For that reason, Pandora might select a clean track from one of these sources instead of a nearly identical track from another album. This is an unfortunate reality of the record business: sometimes songs that are not identical are labeled as identical.

Finally, the lyrics preview will always display "clean" lyrics. If you'd like to view the full, uncensored text, click Show more or See all lyrics.

For now, you can give any censored tracks that play a Thumbs Down, and that will prevent those versions from playing on your station again.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Lorenthiel
Local Performer

Screenshot_20220108-191510_Pandora.jpg

This track went from explicit to clean. Listening on Android app on my Jessie Reyez station (listening privately, not on crowd faves or deep cuts). Artist is Cardi B feat SZA, track is I Do. I took this screen shot then gave thumbs down which took effect. I do want this song in my station though, ultimately. 

0 Kudos

ToshiMaMa
Underground

Cardi B Get Up 10 started being censored today... wasn't yesterday...

Cardi B Station

Android device

Don't want to thumb down cause then I won't get ANY cardi B songs...

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lorenthiel @ToshiMaMa I've escalated your feedback to our curation team so they can further investigate.

Thanks for reporting this. 

0 Kudos

NikkiDavid0115
Local Performer

On Cardi B radio all of her songs are now the clean versions, just her songs! Help ! 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@NikkiDavid0115 Can you please send me some screenshots of what you are seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

NikkiDavid0115
Local Performer
[Image.jpeg][Image.jpeg][Image.jpeg][Image.jpeg]

Nicole David
All of these songs so far have been the clean versions, and they weren't like that before they were unedited Explicit versions when I like them.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@NikkiDavid0115 If you are replying via email, you won't be able to attach any images.

You will need to open this Community thread in a browser, and then click on the camera icon located in the reply box:

Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 5.08.14 AM.png

Please try re-attaching those images, and I'll be happy to help look into this further.

0 Kudos

ToshiMaMa
Underground

More Cardi B songs switched to clean versions I Do and Bartier Cardi- just about all of them. Listening on Android

20220110_131400.jpg

0 Kudos

TMac33
Local Performer

Having the issues. Seems like its only Cardi B .. and just started happening recently. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TMac33 Is it only happening with tracks from the album people on this thread are reporting - Invasion of Privacy?

Can you please send me a screenshot of the next censored track by Cardi B that plays?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

TMac33
Local Performer
Yes. It is only the tracks from ‘invasion of Privacy’. All others play just fine.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 01/18/22:

Hi everyone! 👋

A ticket has been created with our engineering team so they can help investigate the issue with tracks from Cardi B's album, Invasion of Privacy, now playing censored.

We appreciate everyone who took the time to report this! 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for confirming that with me, @TMac33.

I have created a ticket with our engineering team so they can help look into this further.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Robert30062
Local Performer

This is complete bull**ahem** dude. The reason I know that is because I can manually search for the SAME EXACT TRACK and play it and the song is explicit. What this means is all of the hard work and growth of my profile over the years - all the songs I have given thumbs up to - it’s all gone!!! 

Thanks for the heads up to your customers to by the way. If you people can’t figure this out I am dropping my premium and account completely forever. Music is a huge part of my life and years of hard work and development in my profile are absolutely useless now. I am so mad I want to throw my phone at the wall. I really really really hate that you people did this. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Robert30062 I'd be happy to help with any questions you have, but I will need additional information to do so.

Can you explain your issue a bit further? The more details you're able to provide, the better equipped I'll be to help.

I look forward to hearing back.

0 Kudos