cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing a station back after "adding variety"

violeta
Local Performer

Hi all,I I used the "add variety" feature to one of my stations and the "variety" then took over the original artist and the station. How do I change it back?

thanks, Violeta

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @violeta

I moved your post to My Collection to keep the community boards tidy. 

Here's how to edit your stations on your mobile device:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit.
  • If you're a Pandora Premium subscriber, this will take you directly to the station's "backstage page." 
  • If you're a free listener or Pandora Plus subscriber, this will start your station, so tap either the Thumb or small "i" icon in the upper right corner of your screen to continue to the station's backstage page.

3. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play button) to edit your station, and scroll down.

++

You can edit the following aspects of your station (assuming it is not a genre station, as genre stations are created by Pandora and cannot be edited):

• To edit the station name: Tap the pencil icon to the left of the play button to open edit mode. Change the name of your station, and tap Done to save any changes.
  • To add variety: Tap the pencil icon to the left of the play button to open edit mode. Scroll down to Station Created From and tap the + Add Variety button. Search for an artist or track.
  • To remove variety: Tap the pencil icon to the left of the play button to open edit mode. Scroll down to Station Created From, which shows the "station seeds" that you've added in the past. Tap the small (X) beside any item you'd like to delete.
  • To edit the thumbs on your station: Tap the pencil icon to the left of the play button to open edit mode. Then scroll down to either your Thumbed Up Songs or your Thumbed Down Songs, and tap the (X) beside whichever thumb ratings you'd like to remove. 

Feel free to check out this helpful article to edit your stations from a different device.  

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community!

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)

View solution in original post

3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @violeta

I moved your post to My Collection to keep the community boards tidy. 

Here's how to edit your stations on your mobile device:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit.
  • If you're a Pandora Premium subscriber, this will take you directly to the station's "backstage page." 
  • If you're a free listener or Pandora Plus subscriber, this will start your station, so tap either the Thumb or small "i" icon in the upper right corner of your screen to continue to the station's backstage page.

3. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play button) to edit your station, and scroll down.

++

You can edit the following aspects of your station (assuming it is not a genre station, as genre stations are created by Pandora and cannot be edited):

• To edit the station name: Tap the pencil icon to the left of the play button to open edit mode. Change the name of your station, and tap Done to save any changes.
  • To add variety: Tap the pencil icon to the left of the play button to open edit mode. Scroll down to Station Created From and tap the + Add Variety button. Search for an artist or track.
  • To remove variety: Tap the pencil icon to the left of the play button to open edit mode. Scroll down to Station Created From, which shows the "station seeds" that you've added in the past. Tap the small (X) beside any item you'd like to delete.
  • To edit the thumbs on your station: Tap the pencil icon to the left of the play button to open edit mode. Then scroll down to either your Thumbed Up Songs or your Thumbed Down Songs, and tap the (X) beside whichever thumb ratings you'd like to remove. 

Feel free to check out this helpful article to edit your stations from a different device.  

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community!

violeta
Local Performer

Thanks Alyssa! I followed all of your instructions to try to “remove variety” from my station and only got stuck when I scrolled down to “Station Created From” which then showed the station seeds I created in the past. There is no “x” next to the names of those station seeds that would allow me to delete them. What next?

Thanks, Violeta

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting me know, @violeta!

I have confirmed with our support team that they will be sending you a message to you via email to the email address your account is registered under. I appreciate your patience!